Relatives confessed murderer of Jorge Mera: “There are two destroyed families”

The family of Fausto Miguel Cruz, confessed murderer of the minister Orlando Jorge Meraissued a statement on Wednesday in which they regret the situation and appeal for forgiveness, which the relatives of the official had previously expressed.

“It is an immense tragedy for both families, who treated each other quite closely for decades. Orlando’s death is not only a loss for his family. It is also for the family of Fausto Miguel Cruz de la Mota, and for the entire country and the legal community.”said the family of the accused in the statement delivered by his lawyer Many Sierra to the press.

“The Cruz de la Mota family reiterates that it regrets the situation and appeals for forgiveness, which the Jorge Villegas family has expressed and accepted beforehand,” they added.

Likewise, they said that it is a situation in which everyone has lost, “one and the other, without exception.”
“Let’s think for a moment about the difficult situation that both families are going through, that they are not to blame for what happened,” they said.

In addition, they prayed to God that over time “the wounds of death and the reasons that could have generated this incomprehensible situation are healed.”

“The truth is, that there are two destroyed families,” they stated before requesting that the authorities investigate objectively and that in the end the truth be known without speculation of the unfortunate fact.
On Wednesday afternoon, the Public Ministry requested that Fausto Miguel Cruz, who is accused of murder and possession of an illegal firearm, be placed in preventive detention as a coercive measure.

According to what was reported, the hearing to hear Cruz’s coercion measure was scheduled for tomorrow at 9 in the morning.

The document, where the accusing body also presented the charges against the accused, was deposited in the Office of Permanent Attention of the National District by prosecutors Kelvin Colón, Carolin Junesca and Vladimir Viloria.

Cruz, 56, remains detained in the preventive prison of the Palace of Justice of Ciudad Nueva where, under a strong security device, he was transferred early Tuesday morning, after being interrogated for several hours by the Director of Prosecution of the Public Ministry. , Yeni Berenice Reynoso.

Source link

Previous Story

The stepfather who killed the 20-year-old girl in Paysandú was charged with femicide

Latest from Dominican Republic