Twitter lost 221 million in 2021, five times less than a year earlier

Twitter lost 221 million in 2021, five times less than a year earlier

Twitter announced this Thursday a net loss for the whole of its fiscal year 2021 of 221 million dollars, which represents a significant improvement for the company’s accounts, which the previous year had lost five times more money, despite still being in numbers reds.

Between January and December of last year, the firm from San Francisco (California, USA) entered 5,077 million dollars, 37% more than the 3,716 million of 2020, mainly from its online advertising business.

Almost all of this revenue, over 90%, comes from the sale of advertising space on the social network, while the remaining 10% is earned by selling data to third parties.

The shareholders of Twitterfor their part, lost 28 cents of a dollar per title during the past year, compared to the losses of 1.44 dollars registered in 2020.

The company led by Parag Agrawal currently has 217 million active daily users, that is, those who connect to the social network at least once a day, above the 192 million with which it closed 2020.

Of the total of 217 million, 38 million are in the United States.

The firm took advantage of the presentation of results to announce a share buyback program worth 4,000 million dollars.

This Thursday’s accounts reflect, among other things, the bet launched by Twitter in September, consisting of the creation of the “Communities” function, a space dedicated to people who share the same interest, in the style of the popular groups of its competitor Facebook and Reddit.

“Communities” include interests such as “Dogs”, “Astrology”, “Skin Care” and “Sneakers”.

The results presented by Twitter buoyed investors on Wall Street, with shares of the company rising 4.84% to $39.65 in pre-open wire trading in New York.

Reliable, trustworthy and easy. Multimedia news agency in Spanish.

Source link

Leave a Reply

Previous Story

An 8-year-old boy was shot in the middle of a shooting in Malvín Norte

Next Story

Another cabinet with ministers investigated and questioned

Latest from Dominican Republic