Subsidies for new jobs, halfway to the Government's goal

Subsidies for new jobs, halfway to the Government’s goal

Within the reactivation strategy for the labor market after the shock of the pandemic, the national government has been encouraging a series of subsidies to support payroll, stimulate economic reactivation and the protection of formal employment. In 2021, thanks to this, 274,142 new jobs were created.

(Read: Housing subsidy: why so many delays in the delivery of houses?).

This was announced by the Ministry of Labor and the Special Unit for Pension and Parafiscal Management (Ugpp), an entity that verifies compliance with the requirements of employers who apply to receive state support.

According to report, 217,644 of the new workers were young people between 18 and 28 years old, 31,978 women over 28 years of age and 24,520 men over 28 years of age. The subsidy covers 25% of a monthly minimum wage for each additional 18 to 28-year-old linked, 15% in the case of women’s ties, and 10% for men over 28 years of age and who earn up to 3 minimum wages.

The balance is part of the results of the benefits that were included in the last tax reform or Social Investment Law, which transformed the Shake yourself Strategy, initially focused on hiring young peoplein the Incentive for the Generation of New Employment.

The Ministry of Labor has spoken from a goal of 500,000 jobswhile since last year President Iván Duque set a goal for the private sector to achieve at least 600,000 jobs, especially focused on young people.

Thus, according to Ugpp figures, in total 14,096 employers have benefited from all over the country and from the Government, more than $111,000 million have been invested in subsidies.

(What’s more: 410 billion to social investment through aggregation instruments).

Of the total employers benefited, 90.6% are legal entities (12,772) and the remaining 9.4% are natural persons (1,324). In addition, according to the Ugpp, 90% of the employers benefiting from the employment generation support programs have been micro, small and medium-sized entrepreneurs, for whom subsidies have been recognized for 95,364 additional jobs.

By sectors, the economic activities that registered the greatest increase in their payrolls were trade, manufacturing industries, and professional activities, scientific and technical, construction and administrative and support services activities. As a whole, they registered 201,238 additional workers between July and December 2021, for whom they received support from the National Government for $81,153 million, that is, 73% of the total resources transferred in the consolidated.


Source link

Leave a Reply

Previous Story

Regulation of abortion for rape did not pass the first vote

Next Story

Governor of Arica and Parinacota urged the Government to “give a sign of governability in recent weeks” in the face of the migration crisis

Latest from Colombia