For the week from August 20 to 26, 2022, the Ministry of Industry, Commerce and MiPymes provides that fuels be marketed at the following prices:
- Premium gasoline will be sold at RD$293.60 per gallon, maintaining its price.
- Regular Gasoline RD$274.50 per gallon maintains its price.
- Regular Diesel RD$221.60 per gallon maintains its price.
- Optimum Diesel RD$241.10 per gallon maintains its price.
- Avtur RD$298.91 per gallon maintains its price.
- Kerosene RD$338.10 per gallon maintains its price.
- Fuel Oil #6 RD$192.11 per gallon maintains its price.
- Fuel Oil 1%S RD$211.77 per gallon maintains its price.
- Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) RD$147.60 per gallon maintains its price.
- Natural Gas RD$28.97 per m3 maintains its price.
The average weekly exchange rate is RD$54.09 from the daily publications of the Central Bank.
Read more: Fuel prices remain the same
The international price of WTI maintains an average around 90 dollars, however, despite the slight reduction, the Dominican government has once again allocated an extraordinary subsidy of 300 million pesos to contain the increases in all fuels for the week from August 20 to 26.
The Vice Minister of Internal Trade, Ramón Pérez Fermín, explained that in In general terms, the themes of the market have not changed: “On the one hand, the expectations of a drop in global demand, as a result of the fear of an economic recession, has had an impact, although it is fair to say that in the last two weeks the signs are positive and the recession has subsided and on the other, the The war in Ukraine, with more than 5 months of hostility, has caused prices to rise to historic levels that we have not seen since 2008”.
“In sum and subtraction, the Government has determined that for at least one more week prices are maintained, having to assume an extraordinary sacrifice of 300 million pesos,” said Pérez Fermín. With this extraordinary subsidy, the government would be avoiding increases that range from 12 pesos per gallon in the case of LPG, to almost 64 pesos per gallon for Optimum Gasoil.