Panama, May 25, 2023. The President of the Republic, Laurentino Cortizo Cohen returned to Panama this Wednesday the 24th, after undergoing a rigorous medical evaluation by specialists at the MD Anderson Cancer Center, in Houston, Texas, United States.
The results of the tests carried out report:
– A very good response to treatment.
– A positive haematological response (increase in hemoglobin levels to normal values).
– Bone marrow analysis is consistent with a complete remission.
– For now, the treatment must be continued.
– Next appointment for follow-up and evaluation will be in six months.
The President returned to his usual duties today, Thursday, May 25, at the Presidency of the Republic.