He Public ministry reported that, to date, 67 arrest warrants and 142 searches have been requested nationwide, as part of the Anti-Corruption Operation undertaken by the Venezuelan State to punish those responsible for irregular acts detected in Petróleos de Venezuela (PDVSA), the National Superintendence of Cryptoactives (PDVSA-Crypto), the Venezuelan Corporation of Guyana (CVG), among others.
The information was released, through a message on his account on the social network Twitter, the Attorney General of the Republic, Tarek William Saab, who explained that these latest judicial decisions occur after a balance of the last 72 hours of the Anti-Corruption Operation.
“#BALANCE of the LAST 72 hours #OPERATION #AntiCorruption: the @MinpublicoVE Communicates the following actions #judicial undertaken by the Venezuelan state to sanction said #Mafia #PDVSACrypto #cvg etc.. #REQUESTED 67 arrest warrants and 142 searches nationwide,” the Attorney General posted on Twitter.
Those involved in these acts of corruption are charged with the crimes of appropriation or distraction of public property, boasting or validation of relationships or influences, money laundering and association, “public employees are charged with the crime of Treason ”, highlighted in recent statements the attorney general, Tarek William Saab.
51 deprived of liberty
On April 5, Attorney General Tarek William Saab, in a press conference, indicated that a total of 51 people are deprived of liberty for being involved in the different acts of corruption in the country.
He specified that among these people are those related to the PDVSA-Cripto cases, the case in the CVG, as well as judges and detained officials.
“To date, there are 51 people deprived of liberty for the various corruption schemes, including that of PDVSA-Cripto, the CVG, and the detained judges. When we add all this up, the figure reaches 51 people who placed themselves outside the law,” said the Attorney General.
In this regard, he stated that, so far, the Public Ministry is investigating 31 corruption schemes within the oil industry.
Specifically, of the 31 corruption schemes, 127 people are under investigation, 10 preliminary, 16 on trial and 75 convicted, for a total of 228 in the PDVSA Crypto case.
Regarding this PDVSA-Crypto plot, the Attorney General indicated that 34 people are being prosecuted.
In total, only in the oil industry – explained William Saab – 262 people have been prosecuted for corruption crimes.
Among the detainees are: Joselit Ramírez Camacho, Antonio Pérez Suárez, José Agustín Ramos, Yamil Martínez, Odoardo José Bordones, Heinrich Chapellín, Jesús Enrique Salazar and Rajiv Alberto Mosqueda.
Also detained are Renny Gerardo Barrientos, Hugbel Roa, Manuel Meneses, Rogers Ramírez Dorante, Rafael Perdomo, Roger Perdomo, Daniel Prieto, Kristhonfer Barrios and Johanna Torres.
Adding to the list are Alejandro Arroyo, Bernardo Arosio, Fernando Bermúdez, Leonardo Torres, Jackeline Perico, José Lima, Jesús Ramírez, José Luís Silva, Gustavo Carmona and Juan Moreno.
Similarly, Pedro Fernández, Oscar Rojas, Jean Golman Meyer, Cardozo González, Luis Guzmán and Miguel Irigoyen are deprived of their liberty.
Operation “Whoever falls”
Since Friday last march 17the National Police against Corruption began the operation “Whoever falls”, as part of the actions taken by the National Government to deal with this scourge in the country’s public and private institutions and companies.
Until now, the phases of the operation have revealed the criminal networks associated with the PDVSA-Cripto, CVG and Cartones de Venezuela cases.
With respect to Cartones de Venezuela, there is only one person in custody, and, according to the Attorney General, he is linked to that of the CVGespecially with the former president of the industry, Pedro Maldonado, who is in custody.
In this case, it responds to the person of Hugo César Cabezas Bracamonte, former minister and former governor of Trujillo, who was captured by the National Police Against Corruption (PNCC) for acts of corruption under the “Caiga quien caiga” plan along with 13 other people. .
Hugo Cabezas was taken to the headquarters of the Bolivarian National Intelligence Service (Sebin) to be charged for his alleged involvement in corruption schemes in the Venezuelan Corporation of Guayana (CVG) and Cartones de Venezuela.
It should be remembered that Hugo Cabezas was also Minister of the Office of the Presidency in 2007 and in 2014. Between 2008 and 2012 he was Governor of Trujillo. In addition, he served as director of the Alfredo Maneiro Editorial Complex and representative of the Ministry of Industry and National Production.
In this case, the Attorney General stressed that new arrests for acts of corruption are not ruled out.
“Other arrests could come, because the investigation phase, they (the detainees) have confessed and have led us to other plots, and within that process, of interviews, of presentations, new elements emerge,” said William Saab.
In this regard, the President of the Republic, Nicolás Maduro, has reaffirmed and demonstrated his commitment to impart justice against those who decided to rob the people.
“We are going to stop the corrupt, whoever falls. I call on the people to this great battle that we are waging for values, against corruption, mafias, indolence”, the Head of State stressed, regarding this operation against corruption.