More than 6,000 homes affected in Pinar del Río, some since 2002

Madrid Spain.- A total of 6,347 homes were affected in Pinar del Río at the end of May this year due to hurricanes: 5,836 with total collapses and 496 with partial collapses.

As reported this Sunday by the official newspaper Rebel Youthsome have been in these conditions for 20 years, since most were affected by meteorological phenomena between 2002 and 2008.

According to the report, the province has a plan for this year of 1,832 homes to execute.

“As can be seen, the plan is minimal, if it is known that we have more than 6,000 damages remaining from previous meteorological events. It is designed according to the allocation of material resources of the National Balance; however, this may grow depending on the increase in the local production of materials that supports the resources of the plan of each municipality, popular council and neighborhood”, said the director of Housing in the province, Andrés Martín Carmona.

“Only by state plan this year some 692 houses must be finished; however, of the 288 planned until the end of May, only 170 were completed”.

Of those 692 homes that must be completed, there are more than 300 that have not been started.

Rebel Youth It also indicates that in 2018, “a proposal was designed for Pinar del Río that provided a solution to all pending cases in about four years, at a rate of between 2,700 and 3,000 homes per year, most by their own efforts,” however, “three years and a bit after that projection, not much progress has been made.”

Among the thousands of people from Pinar del Río who find themselves in this situation is Odalys Cabrera Cruz, who has been a teacher for 31 years, and lives in a room with her husband and two children.

“Since 2013 I have been requesting a subsidy; I’ve done it like five times already and I haven’t had a response. By my own effort it is impossible for me to build. They have visited me several times, they have taken photos of the temporary facility and nothing”, explains the teacher.

According to the official media, the delays in the housing repair plan are being even more affected by the limitation of resources, the intensification of the United States embargo and the effects of the pandemic and the global crisis.

However, these factors do not seem to influence the unstoppable construction of hotels by the regime.

Last week it transpired that the Cuban government invested around 22 million pesos in a first stage of remodeling a dozen tourist facilities in the province of Cienfuegos.

During a recent visit to said province, Prime Minister Manuel Marrero Cruz pointed out that for years they have been recovering heritage premises and facilities to convert them into “Charming Hotels” and improving all hotel options.

Meanwhile in next november another luxury hotel will be made available to tourists: the five-star Valentin Cayo Cruz, located in Camagüey.

Receive information from CubaNet on your cell phone through WhatsApp. Send us a message with the word “CUBA” on the phone +1 (786) 316-2072, You can also subscribe to our electronic newsletter by giving click here.

Source link

Previous Story

12 facts about Morena on her eighth anniversary

Latest from Cuba

Chronicle of a rumor

The rumor spreads through the corridors, the rooms, the operating rooms… No one knows the story