"Minor fault" caused the exit of Unit 1 of Punta Catalina

“Minor fault” caused the exit of Unit 1 of Punta Catalina

The president of the Technical Committee of the Thermoelectric Power Plant Trust Catalina Point, Celso Marranzinireported this Friday that the departure for maintenance of Unit 1 of the plant was due to a “minor fault”.

Without offering details of the failure, he indicated that it was detected after regular reviews and motivated the Committee to decide to prioritize one against Unit 2, which was scheduled for maintenance.

He also said that he had taken advantage of the situation to carry out the maintenance that Unit 1 had required for more than two months and that due to the lack of some spare parts, which had not arrived in the country, he had not been able to carry out.

The official defended the power they have to make this type of changes in the programming, which, he assured, is done all the time in other private plants.

“Private plants have and need maintenance, but it is only pending Catalina Point… As an administration we decided to remove it (the Unit) and we informed it that it was leaving, and I think that is more than enough. It’s just that we focus on Catalina Point”, emphasized.

The departure of the thermoelectric unit was reported earlier this week by the executive director of the Liquidation Commission of the Dominican Corporation of State Electric Companies (Cdeee), George Reinoso, who indicated that it was a major scheduled maintenance.

Also Marranzini’s assistant in the administration of Catalina Point did not make references to detected faults.

“That was scheduled. It was the two, but there was that failure and the logical thing was to take out the one and work was done to, incidentally, solve some problems that the consortium had left pending”, Marranzini told Free Journalthrough a phone call.

Unit 1’s departure is for 45 days. Meanwhile, Unit 2 is still in operation, whose maintenance was rescheduled for November this year, the official reported.

It may interest you

He is a journalist at Diario Libre.

Source link

Leave a Reply

Previous Story

The National Party will reintroduce the night raids through a plebiscite

Next Story

Huancayo: Government sends a delegation of ministers to start the dialogue due to carrier strike

Latest from Dominican Republic