Peruvian agricultural exports would grow 10.2% this year, ADEX projects

Mincetur: Grape exports would reach US$ 1,400 million at the end of 2022

The good performance recorded by the of Peruvian grapes in the first months would predict that a new record of shipments will be reached at the end of the year, which could total US$ 1,400 million, informed the (Mincetur).

The head of the Mincetur, Roberto Sánchez, stressed that, with this figure, Peru would consolidate its position as the world’s leading exporter of fresh grapes, a position achieved in 2021 thanks to shipments that totaled US$1,253 million, 21% more than exports. exports registered the previous year.

“In 2021, Peru consolidated itself as the world’s largest exporter of fresh grapes, surpassing Chile, China and the United States, countries that had historically led shipments of the fruit. We will continue making efforts to continue supporting the agro-export sector, within the framework of the second agrarian reform”, the minister said.

LOOK: Saint-Étienne: fans set off flares after their team’s relegation

First trimester

In the first quarter of 2022, Peruvian grape exports reached US$614 million, an increase of 22% compared to the same period last year.

Shipments from Ica, Piura, Lambayeque and La Libertad to the United States (50%) and the European Union (11%) stood out mainly.

During 2021, approximately 30% of the export value of fresh grapes corresponded to the sale of the Red Globe variety, while the remaining 70% corresponds to seedless grapes, that is, without seeds.

The participation of seedless grapes has increased in recent years due to their greater demand, the main ones being Sweet Globe, Crimson, Sweet Celebration, among others.

As you remember, grapes provide a large amount of nutrients: antioxidants, vitamins A, B6, C and K and minerals such as calcium, iron and potassium. Currently, it is highly valued internationally due to the growing demand for healthy foods.

Sánchez stated that the trend of fresh grape exports is growing and has been gaining space in the demanding markets of the world.

For this reason, progress must be made in the consolidation of this product by developing higher value viniferous varieties.

“The trade agreements signed by Peru allow important results. Today we are proud of the grape, which is the main product of the national agro-export basket. We will continue to promote their shipments by strengthening capacities, commercial promotion and access to new markets at a multisectoral level”, held.

RECOMMENDED VIDEO

Monkeypox is a rare disease, caused by a virus transmitted from animals to people. What do I do to not get infected? How to treat the disease? Here we tell you.

Source link

Previous Story

Government invites consultations for DR-Colombia trade agreement

Latest from Peru