The president of the CongressJosé Williams (Avanza País), extended until January 31 the first legislature of the annual period of sessions 2022 – 2023.
In this sense, the head of Parliament pointed out that with this extension the following points can be seen on the agenda:
- The opinions and bills or legislative resolutions that are on the agenda of the plenary session of Congress as of December 15, 2022.
- Opinions and bills or legislative resolutions and other matters included in the agenda of the plenary session of Congress, by agreement of the Board of Spokespersons, according to its powers.
- The proposals of the Executive Power sent urgently.
- The constitutional denunciations approved by the Permanent Commission.
- The delegation of legislative powers to the Permanent Commission of Congress.
As recalled, subparagraph a of article 49 of the Parliament’s regulations establishes that the first legislature ends on December 15, 2022.
Likewise, that during the parliamentary recess, the Permanent Commission of the Legislative Power functions, whose functions are established in article 99, 100 and 101 of the Constitution.