The Executive promulgated on Wednesday, May 25, the law that authorizes the disposition of 100% of the Compensation for Time of Service (CTS) “in order to cover the economic needs caused by the pandemic”. In this note we tell you who will be able to access, until when, how to know how much money they have and more details.
Law No. 31480 indicates that the Executive Branch will dictate the necessary regulatory provisions for the withdrawal of the CTS within a maximum period of 10 calendar days, from the entry into force of the aforementioned rule.
In that line, said term of 10 days expires on June 5, “so in practice withdrawals could be made from Monday 6 at the latest”, specified Jorge Carrillo, professor at Pacífico Business School.
It should be noted that the CTS’s fundamental purpose is to anticipate the risk caused by the termination of the employment relationship and the consequent loss of your income, in a few words, it is the ‘insurance’ that the employee has when he breaks his relationship with the company in the one who has worked
Who will be able to withdraw 100% of the CTS?
All workers, without exception, are authorized to make the disbursement of their entire CTS, but we must bear in mind that only those who are in the formal system can do so; since the other informal employees do not have this benefit.
Until when is the term to be able to withdraw the money from the CTS?
The rule specifies that workers included within the scope of the Single Ordered Text of Legislative Decree 650 are authorized only once and until December 31, 2023, to freely dispose of 100% of the CTS deposits made in the entities and that they have accumulated at the date of disposition.
How much is the amount I have in my CTS?
Many times, workers do not find a way to access the account statement to know the amount of their CTS deposit or they do not know how to calculate if the deposit is correct or not. Here we explain.
In order to know your account statement, you must know the financial entity that you chose for the deposit of your CTS. If you do not remember, you can consult your employer and he will be able to provide you with the information.
If your money is deposited in the same entity where your salary is paid, request information about your account and you can join it so that you have a single card.
Once you have completed all these steps, you will be able to consult, according to the app of your financial institution or by phone, the amount you have in your CTS.
Here are the steps to view your CTS account statement from some financial entities:
Credit Bank of Peru (BCP)
- Enter to Internet banking.
- Enter the number of your Salary Account card.
- Enter the 6-digit Internet Password.
- Finally you will be able to see your account statement and if you qualify to withdraw a percentage of your CTS.
- You can call (01) 311-9898.
- Sign in to bbva.pe and then to your Internet Banking or to your BBVA App.
- In your CTS account click on “I want”.
- Select the option “Make transfers to own accounts”.
- Choose the destination account and place the amount.
- Confirm the transfer and Done.
- From the selected destination account, you can carry out all the operations or transfers you want.
- You can call (01) 595-0000.
- Enter the Internet banking from Interbank.
- Enter your card details.
- Enter your personal data.
- Enter your digital key.
- Finally you will be able to view your account statement and in case you want to withdraw you will have to transfer the money to another own account.
- You can call (0801) 00802.
You can request your CTS information via Internetat its agencies nationwide and through the line: (01) 611-5757.
You can carry out the procedures from the Caja Huancayo mobile application, the Web, GlobalNet ATMs and neighboring boxes. Also to the number: 0800-10064 or (64) 481000.
You can make inquiries about your CTS account online through your Internet banking and its Caja Arequipa Móvil app. Also by calling (54) 380670.
If you receive your CTS deposit at Caja Trujillo, you can check its balance at the Web and in the Caja Trujillo Móvil app. You can also call (44) 471000.
How many CTS withdrawals have already been approved in a pandemic?
In the state of emergency, the provision of the CTS was already allowed twice:
- The first through Emergency Decree 033-2020, which allowed two withdrawals of up to S/ 2,400 each.
- The second through Law No. 31171, in which workers disposed of 100% of their deposits until December 31, 2021.