derrumbe

Two people trapped after collapse in Vocacional de Santiago de Cuba are rescued alive

MIAMI, United States.- The authorities of Santiago de Cuba managed to rescue alive two people who had been trapped in the rubble of a structure of the Antonio Maceo Vocational School in that province that collapsed this Wednesday, reported the journalist from CMKW Radio Mambí Irancito Suarez Vaillant.

According to a Facebook post that was later shared by the local radio station, Suárez Vaillant said that a first person had been rescued shortly after the collapse, and had been transferred to the Saturnino Lora Provincial Hospital.

Screenshot

The other victim, identified as Girardo Ortega Atencio, a resident of that eastern city and who remained trapped under the rubble, was rescued just a few minutes ago, according to a publication by the official journalist on the same social network.

“They manage to rescue alive a person trapped in a collapse that occurred in the former Antonio Maceo Grajalas Vocational Institute of Exact Sciences,” he wrote next to the video.

During the hours in which the man was buried by the rubble, although wounded, he maintained communication with the rescuers.

The collapse occurred at approximately 4 in the afternoon on July 6, according to the reporter, when “two citizens were illegally removing steel strips from the structure of one of the ships on the fourth level.”

Two people trapped after collapse in Vocacional de Santiago de Cuba are rescued alive
Collapse in a vocational school in Santiago de Cuba. Photo Facebook/Irancito Suarez

Personnel specialized in Rescue and Salvage of the Fire Department worked in the rescue operations, in addition to the Red Cross, media belonging to the Medical Emergency Service and representatives of the Cubiza company and the Communal Services.

Authorities from the Communist Party of Cuba, the government and the Ministry of the Interior also arrived at the scene, in addition to the Civil Defense in that province.

“A long time ago they should have demolished that center that was already a ruin, but nooo it was too much work, we had to wait for a misfortune to happen (…) it was well known that these illegal situations were taking place there. But now everyone is aware that this was happening…”, claimed a Facebook user at the news of the tragedy.

“There are many schools like that in that state. If they don’t work they are slowly destroyed. They don’t give capital reparation because they don’t use it, if they don’t take it for jails. Even when my country is going to be destroyed,” said another.

Receive information from CubaNet on your cell phone through WhatsApp. Send us a message with the word “CUBA” on the phone +1 (786) 316-2072, You can also subscribe to our electronic newsletter by giving click here.

Source link

Previous Story

Banxico Museum wins international architecture competition

Latest from Cuba