From May 16 to 20, the application of influenza vaccines continues to the population 6 months of age and older and anticovid for people 5 years of age and older, both the first, second and third doses.
Also the second booster dose against COVID-19, aimed at older adults, from 50 years of age, health personnel highly exposed to the virus by caring for patients and immunocompromised or immunosuppressed people (12 years of age and older) , who have completed six months since the application of the third dose in Paraguay or abroad.
All doses will be available in the clinics and will be applied from tomorrow, Monday, May 16, to Friday, May 20, as follows:
Aimed at people ages 5 and up.
• Pfizer or CoronaVac, for children ages 5 to 11.
• Pfizer, for teens ages 12 to 17.
• Pregnant adolescents: with 12 weeks of pregnancy or older (they must present a medical certificate with signature and seal), they will receive the Pfizer platform.
• Other platforms available, for people 18 years of age and older.
Requirements for COVID-19 vaccination (not necessary for the regular schedule):
Girls, boys and adolescents (5 to 17 years old) must be accompanied by one of their parents or legal guardian, present identity card of the adult and child or adolescent, photocopy of the birth certificate or family book, or photocopy of the judicial resolution, in the case of the guardian or temporary guardian. If there is no birth certificate or any documentation that supports the affiliation, the adult companion may sign a sworn statement certifying the affiliation or the degree of kinship with the adolescent (with a photocopy of the identity card of the adult and the adolescent ). The model of this affidavit can be downloaded at vaccinate.gov.py.
The interval of 3 or 4 weeks must be met, depending on the platform received, from the application of the first dose:
• Pfizer: 3 weeks.
• AstraZeneca: 4 weeks.
• Modern: 4 weeks.
• Sputnik V: 4 weeks.
• Coronavac: 4 weeks
• Sinopharm: 4 weeks.
*Second dose of Moderna receives Pfizer (same mRNA platform).
*Second dose of SputnikV receives Pfizer
*Second dose of AstraZeneca receives Pfizer
Second pediatric dose:
The interval must be met, according to the platform received, from the application of the first dose:
• Pfizer: 8 weeks.
• Coronavac: 4 weeks.
• Adolescents aged 12 to 17 who have completed the vaccination schedule, with a minimum interval of 4 months, may receive the booster dose with the Pfizer platform.
• Pregnant women from 12 weeks of gestation, with a minimum interval of 4 months from the application of the second dose, may receive the booster dose with the Pfizer platform.
• People aged 18 and over who have completed their scheme in Paraguay or abroad and health personnel:
Those who applied Coronavac, Covaxin, Sinopharm, HayatVax, Pfizer, AstraZeneca, Sputnik V or Moderna receive Pfizer, with a minimum interval of 4 months from the application of the second dose.
Those who applied the Janssen (J&J) receive Pfizer or Moderna, with an interval of at least 3 months from its application.
People vaccinated abroad
Children 5 to 11 years old are included to complete their second dose. Pfizer, with an interval of 8 weeks between the first and second dose, and Coronavac, with an interval of 4 weeks.
For the corresponding planning, you must:
1- Go to www.vacunate.gov.py and register in the “vaccinated abroad” section. Once your data is registered, it will be validated by the Expanded Immunization Program, within 24 hours, following the National Vaccination Plan against COVID-19 and depending on the availability of the requested vaccine.
2- Check if it is enabled. Go back to www.vacunate.gov.py and access the CONSULT REGISTRY section and then VACCINATED ABROAD. When the word ENABLED appears, they can go to the designated vaccination center in the Health Region.
3- Once enabled, they will be able to access the third dose.
Second booster dose, aimed at:
• Adults 50 years of age and older.
• Health personnel highly exposed to the virus by caring for patients
• Immunocompromised or immunosuppressed persons (12 years of age and older).
All of them will be able to receive the booster dose six months after the application of the third dose of anticovid, either in the country or abroad.
Regardless of which platform has been applied, the second booster dose will be delivered as available.
To verify the schedule and vaccinations of the health regions, you can enter Vaccinate Py.