In Santander, Colombia, a section of track that had been delivered days ago collapsed a few hours ago. The highway was received by the national government, now the contractor must respond.
Of the Cocoa route in Santander, which has been under construction for at least seven years, on June 2 a section of that road was completed, between Bucaramanga and Barrancabermeja, this Saturday, a piece of that road collapsed.
The road collapsed in the corridor between Puente La Paz and Lisbon, specifically at kilometer 7.
It is a dual carriageway.
“In this government, we speak with facts and results (…)”, said President Duque during the delivery of the work.
The president explained that, “today we show that with a contract with supervision, with a good monitoring system and contractual requirements, we deliver these works” that he previously said, lasted years in construction.
What happened to the quality of the work? The work was received and 10 days later it collapsed.
The Ruta del Cacao Concession must answer for the work. The company continues this Sunday at 3 in the afternoon, closed.
This was the announcement of the delivery:
We continue to deliver more and better works for the benefit of Colombians. Starting today, functional units 5, 6 and 7 of the Bucaramanga-Barrancabermeja-Yondó project are a reality.?️
– Colombia Presidency ?? (@infopresidencia) June 2, 2022
The damage occurred this June 11:
#Present On June 1, President Iván Duque Marquéz inaugurated 25 new km of the Ruta del Cacao concession, via B/ga-B/bermeja. Today the section, located at kilometer 7 between the La Paz bridge and Lisbon, collapsed. @ANI_Colombia @GobdeSantander Photos: @vanguardiacom #elhigh pic.twitter.com/U8wNVSZGqn
– Opina Santander (@OpinaSantander) June 12, 2022