The Government reacted with indignation to the latest information surrounding the triple arson attack that took place this past Tuesday in the Curanilahue commune, Bío Bío region.
According to information released by radio biobiothe affected company, Arauco, timely notified the security and order forces that those responsible for the arson attack, who were armed, were traveling to the scene.
“By 10 o’clock in the morning we had already alerted the Armed Forces about the attack, including the possibility of following the stolen truck through a GPS system,” a source from the company told the aforementioned media outlet.
“At 11 a.m. we informed them about the escape route they were using, and at 1:30 p.m. they reached the outskirts of Cañete. They spent more than 3 hours tracking their movements. During this period they even took the time to stop to eat in a kind of picnic,” he added.
As a result of this information, the Undersecretary of the Interior, Manuel Monsalve, will request explanations from the Armed Forces (FFAA), after it became known that they did not act in time in the face of repeated warnings.
“No institution in Chile is exempt from giving explanations,” he said.
“The presence of the Armed Forces, or the police, is to act in a timely manner and to guarantee the safety of people (…) therefore, at least, it deserves an explanation,” said the undersecretary.
Along these lines, he added that on Thursday, the day on which the evaluation meeting between the Government and the head of the Joint Chiefs of Staff is held, space will be given for explanations.