Last Friday the 25th, at 3:00 pm, the vice president Dina Boluarte met with his advisors from the Ministry of Social Inclusion (Midis) to inform them that I was not going to continue in the Cabinet. Days before, Boluarte had tried to talk with President Pedro Castillo, according to various sources from the Executive, to “talk about governability.” “But it was not possible,” they said.
Boluarte has been one of the ministers who has remained in the Cabinet since the beginning of the Castillo government. On previous occasions, at each change of ministers, she evaluated her continuity. This time she decided to step aside.
He had disagreed with the question of confidence presented by the then Prime Minister Aníbal Torres to modify the law that regulates the referendum on constitutional reforms, as evidenced by an act of the Council of Ministers, in which his signature does not appear.
Another disagreement he had with the cabinet was interpreting that Congress had rejected the question of confidence in Torres, that the first “silver bullet” had been spent. and, therefore, on the second refusal, the president is empowered to dissolve Parliament.
“She felt that her presence was no longer necessary,” say the same sources.
So an hour and a half after the last meeting with his advisers, Boluarte tweeted his decision not to continue in the cabinet. In his message, he took the opportunity to question the confrontation in which the Executive and Congress are plunged.
“Today I have made the decision not to continue in the next Ministerial Cabinet. After deep reflection, I have no doubt that the current polarization hurts everyone, ”he wrote.
Other sources comment that Boluarte’s relationship with the incoming Prime Minister Betssy Chávez is not good. On April 7, during a decentralized Council of Ministers, when Chávez was Labor Minister, she greeted her predecessor, Aníbal Torres, effusively, but ignored the vice president.
While Boluarte has a singular position in the Executive, in Congress, the opposition is evaluating changing its plans regarding his disqualification.
The Apurímac Club case
For this Monday, the Subcommittee on Constitutional Accusations was scheduled to discuss and vote on the final report of the constitutional complaint against it for the Club Apurímac case.
However, because the Plenary debated the budget law, the Subcommittee did not meet. The Republic asked the president of this commission, Lady Camones, when said file will be discussed and she replied that it is still under evaluation to set a date for the deliberation.
The speaker in this complaint is the congressman of Cambio Democrático, Edgar Reymundo. Parliament sources announced that their report recommends not accusing the vice president. This newspaper contacted Reymundo to confirm this version, but at the end of this note he did not respond.
This case is against the clock. The legislature expires in December. Unless the Board of Directors expands it, the constitutional accusation against the former minister will be seen next year.
While that, the opposition advances with its plan to vacate or suspend the president. Congressman Edward Málaga told Epicentro TV that this week he will present his motion to remove the president. Meanwhile, his colleagues Esdras Medina and Roselli Amuruz gather signatures for the suspension motion.
In case Castillo is dismissed, the same sources, when asked about a possible assumption of Boluarte, responded that “she will comply with what the Constitution says.”