The Plenary of the Supreme Court defined on Wednesday the five to fill the position of minister or minister of the highest court. This, after the vacancy caused by the cessation of functions of the incumbent Rosa del Carmen Egnem Saldias.
After listening to the 12 applicant ministers, in a special telematic session, the Plenary of the highest court proceeded to the rigorous vote.
The quina was made up (in order of rank) by:
- Sergio Mora Vallejos. Minister of the Coyhaique Court of Appeals (included in his own right).
- Robert Contreras Olivares. Minister of the Court of Appeals of San Miguel.
- Maria Soledad Melo Labra. Minister of the Court of Appeals of Santiago.
- Jessica Gonzalez Troncoso. Minister Court of Appeals of Santiago.
- Marcia Undurraga Jensen. Minister Court of Appeals of Valdivia.
the ministers Undurraga Y Maria Carolina Catepillan they got the same number of votes (seven). Given this, a draw was held, resulting in the first being selected.
The list was sent to the Ministry of Justice and the President Gabriel Boric must choose one of the candidates. The selected person must be ratified by the Senate, where he must obtain two thirds of the votes.