Petrobras sells stake in two electricity companies

Petrobras finds oil in a well in the Santos Basin

Petrobras announced today (19) that it had identified the presence of oil in a well in the Aram block, in the pre-salt layer of the Santos Basin. Named Curaçao, the well is located 240 kilometers off the coast of the city of Santos, at a water depth of 1,905 meters.Petrobras finds oil in a well in the Santos Basin

“The oil-bearing interval was verified through electrical profiles and fluid samples, which will later be characterized through laboratory analysis. These data will allow us to assess the potential and direct the next exploratory activities in the area,” the state-owned company said in a statement. .

The Santos Basin is a maritime sedimentary basin that extends from the southern coast of the state of Rio de Janeiro to the north of the state of Santa Catarina. In this area, different fields are located with important reserves in the pre-salt layer.

The Aram block is being explored through a consortium in which Petrobras holds an 80% stake and the Chinese CNODC is responsible for the other 20%. It was acquired under the sharing regime in March 2020, in the 6th bidding round of the National Agency for Petroleum, Natural Gas and Biofuels (ANP).

According to Petrobras, the consortium will continue operations to complete the drilling project for the Curaçao well, which will make it possible to verify the extent of the new discovery and characterize the conditions of the reservoirs found. According to the state-owned company, the discovery shows the success of the adopted strategy, strongly based on technological innovations and with maximum use of processed data in real time, which allows for quick and safe decision-making.

Source link

Leave a Reply

Previous Story

Government verified that in bars and discos the vaccination card was required

Next Story

The price of meat rises and the government threatens butchers

Latest from Brasil