The Ministry of Labor and Social Security (MTSS) presented, this Tuesday the 16th, the project Women in the Information Technology Sector, to train some 200 people over 18 years of age from Colonia, Maldonado, Paysandú, Río Negro, for six months. Rivera, Salto, San José and Soriano. The pre-selection will be carried out by the public employment centers (CEPE) and will be formed by companies in the sector.
The project is part of the “Development Facility in Transition” initiative, an instrument promoted to strengthen cooperation dialogue between Uruguay, through the Uruguayan Agency for International Cooperation (AUCI) and the European Union (EU), in response to the country’s challenges and compliance with the 2030 Agenda.
Funding for the project will be around $122,000.
The project seeks:
- Increase the participation of women in the Information Technology sector, residing in the interior of the country.
- Meet the demand for human resources.
- Reduce gender gaps in the sector.
- Women over 18 years of age with at least a complete basic cycle residing in the interior of the country.
- Departments to execute the Project: Rivera, Salto, Paysandú, Río Negro, Soriano, San José, Colonia and Maldonado.
Benefits for companies:
- Subsidies granted by the Employment Promotion Law 19,973.
- Hire staff with interest and IT training.
- Increase diversity in your workforce by incorporating women.
- Recognition of the participating companies, signed by the MTSS, CUTI and the EUROPEAN UNION.
The initiative has the support of the National Institute for Employment and Vocational Training (INEFOP).
Users interested in participating in the training should follow the steps indicated in the following link: web diary
Companies interested in participating must follow the steps indicated in the following link: Instructions for companies