Almost two years after its launch, the PagTesouro platform is increasingly disseminated in the federal government. Currently, 44 public bodies have joined the system, which allows the payment of public services via Pix and credit card.
Among the services that can be paid electronically are registrations in public tenders and in the National High School Exam (Enem), issuance of passports, registration of patents and health fees and fines.
PagTreasury started to work in November 2020, after a year of testing. The first body to join the system was the National Health Surveillance Agency (Anvisa).
Transactions carried out on PagTesouro are registered in the collection systems as a digital Union Collection Guide (GRU). This document was created by the Ministry of Economy to collect revenues from agencies, autarchies, foundations and other federal government entities.
The platform allows both the taxpayer and the collecting agency to view the payment a few seconds after its completion. All financial institutions who operate Pix accept payments from PagTesouro.
How to use
To make payments through PagTesouro, the service must be available on the public agency’s website. As soon as the citizen requests a service, the platform logo will appear on the page. Just click on it and choose the payment method you want: Pix or credit card.
If you want to pay using Pix, you must open the payment institution’s application and point your cell phone camera at the QR code that will appear on the screen. It is also possible to copy the code that appears on the public agency’s website and paste it into the application. After following the instructions and completing the payment, the proof will automatically appear on the screen.
Those paying by credit card must choose the corresponding option and choose one of the Payment Service Providers (PSP) presented. In this modality, an additional fee may be charged, which will be described in detail, and then proceed with payment confirmation.
When paying by credit card, the taxpayer can also pay the debt in installments. The public agency, however, will receive the amount in cash. The installment follows the logic of traditional commerce.
Check the list of federal agencies that accept to receive Pix:
1. National Civil Aviation Agency – Anac
2. National Land Transport Agency – ANTT
3. National Health Surveillance Agency – Anvisa
4. House Construction Box for Brazilian Navy Personnel – CCCPMB
5. Air Force Command
6. Navy Command
7. Navy Command – Maritime Professional Education Development Fund
8. Army Command
9. Securities and Exchange Commission – CVM
10. Administrative Council for Economic Defense – CADE
11. National Department of Works Against Droughts – DNOCS
12. Federal Police Department – DPF
13. Brazilian Hospital Services Company
14. Company of Urban Trains of Porto Alegre S/A
15. Alexandre de Gusmão Foundation – FUNAG
16. University of Brasília Foundation – FUB
17. University of Mato Grosso do Sul Foundation – UFMS
18. Federal University of Uberlândia Foundation – UFU
19. Army Fund – FEx
20. Military Service Fund – WSF
21. National Anti-Drug Fund
22. Hospital de Clínicas de Porto Alegre
23. Brazilian Institute of Geography and Statistics – IBGE
24. Federal Institute of Education, Science and Technology of Minas Gerais – IFMG
25. Federal Institute of Education, Science and Technology of the South of Minas Gerais – IFSULDEMINAS
26. National Institute of Industrial Property – Inpi
27. National Institute of Educational Studies and Research Anísio Teixeira – Inep
28. National Institute of Metrology, Quality and Technology – Inmetro
29. Rio de Janeiro Botanical Garden
30. Electoral Justice (TSE and all regional electoral courts)
31. Ministry of Defense – MD
32. Ministry of Economy – ME
33. Ministry of Justice and Public Security – MJSP
34. Federal Highway Police – PRF
35. Secretariat of Aquaculture and Fisheries – SAP/MAPA
36. Federal Supreme Court
37. Federal University of Itajubá – UNIFEI
38. Federal University of Lavras – UFLA
39. Federal University of Santa Catarina – UFSC
40. Federal University of Viçosa – UFV
41. Federal University of Ceará – UFC
42. Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul – UFRGS
43. Fluminense Federal University – UFF
44. Federal University of Triângulo Mineiro – UFTM