Are you looking to work in U.S? If you are a professional and want to go to work in the northern country, you should know that there are certain careers that are more required than others to obtain an employment visa.
MORE INFORMATION: The requirements to obtain the American visa
If your career is related to science, technology, engineering and mathematics, also known as STEM, the chances are higher. Here we tell you what they are, which states request more foreign professionals, how you can qualify for the visa, dates and how many places will be granted this year, according to the US authorities.
WHAT PROFESSIONS HAVE THE MOST OPPORTUNITY FOR A WORK VISA IN THE UNITED STATES?
Here are the 10 most requested professions in the United States to work with an H-1B visa, according to the 2021 report from the Office of Labor Certification for Foreigners:
- Application developers: 67,020 work permits (31.5%).
- Software system developers: 21,636 work permits (10.2%).
- Computer related occupations: 14,326 work permits (6.7%).
- Computer systems analysts: 11,655 work permits (5.5%).
- Electronics Engineers: 10,084 work permits (4.7%).
- Computing and Information Services Manager: 6,708 work permits (3.1%) .
- Operations Research Analyst: 6,093 work permits (2.9%).
- Business Analyst: 5,579 work permits (2.6%)
- Computer systems architects: 4,720 work permits (2.2%).
- statistical experts: 4,273 work permits (2%).
WHICH STATES ASK FOR MORE FOREIGN PROFESSIONALS?
The states where they most hire qualified foreign professionals are California, Washington, Texas and New York, which have among their main companies amazonInfosys Limited and Qualcomm Technologies,Inc.
WHO CAN APPLY FOR AN H-1B VISA?
H-1B visas are granted at the request of employers who need highly-skilled foreign workers. This nonimmigrant visa category applies to individuals who want to render services in a specialized field, service of great merit, and distinguished ability for cooperative research or development projects with the Department of Defense (DOD) or as a fashion model or for advertising.
Applicants must have extensive theoretical or technical experience in fields such as science, engineering, or programming. USCIS points out that foreigners who meet the following requirements are eligible:
- The worker must have a bachelor’s or graduate degree from an accredited university.
- Preference is given to foreign nationals who have completed undergraduate studies in the United States.
- The applicant must have an “unrestricted state license, registration, or certification authorizing him or her to fully practice the specialty occupation.”
- You must demonstrate your experience and specialty with positions of high responsibility that you have held.
H-1B specialty occupation visas are valid for three years, but USCIS it can be extended for three more years if the employer requests it. In fact, in some cases they have extended it beyond six years.
The United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) announced that the registration period to apply for an H-1B temporary work visa, in fiscal year 2023, will start at noon on March 1 and end at noon on March 18, 2022.
“During this period, prospective petitioners and representatives will be able to complete and submit their registrations through our online H-1B registration system”USCIS noted in a statement, adding that a confirmation number will be assigned to each record submitted.
HOW MANY PLACES FOR THE H-1B VISA ARE THERE THIS 2023?
The H-1B visa classification has an annual maximum number of 65,000 new visa grants each fiscal year. An additional 20,000 petitions filed on behalf of beneficiaries with a master’s degree or higher from an institution in the United States will be exempt from this limit.
In addition, H-1B workers recruited or employed by an institution of higher education or its affiliates, or related to a nonprofit entity, a nonprofit scientific research organization, or a government scientific research organization, may not will be subject to this numerical limit.