cromo

Is the Cacciola back? The maritime route between Carmelo and Tigre was operational

Uruguayans and Argentines have a new option available to travel through an old maritime route. Last Friday, the first trip of the maritime connection between the city of Carmelo and Tigre was carried out through Delta Line, where the company Buquebus —of the Argentine businessman Juan López Mena— has a participation of 85%; the remaining 15% belongs to the firm Delta.

In 2019, Cacciola could not cope with the rise in costs and the drop in the number of passengers and stopped covering the Tigre-Carmelo route.

Initially, Delta Line will make a daily frequency and in the future the Nueva Palmira option may be added. The The service will have two boats with a capacity for 70 and 90 passengers and will cost $2,750. or 12,000 Argentine pesos, reported channel 5.

The commercial director of Línea Delta Leonel Falcon declared that, in principle, there will be a daily frequency to “test” the market, since the service has not been available for “a long time.” The service will directly occupy some 20 people on both banks of the Río de la Plata and another 50 indirect positions.

On the other hand, the president of the National Ports Administration (ANP), Juan Curbelo, declared that a private initiative was presented for a passenger terminal in Carmelo of which no further details can be given yet because it is “reserved”. “If this initiative prospers, the development of the terminal will have a very different level than it has today,” he assured.

Source link

Previous Story

López Obrador asks the military to take care of and defend the Mayan Train

Latest from Uruguay