Seven people assaulted and intimidated with firearms the drivers of heavy cargo vehicles on the Alóag – Santo Domingo roads; Latacunga – Ambato; Riobamba – Cuenca and Naranjal – Puerto Inca.
The National Police of Ecuador, through the General Directorate of Investigation and its National Anti-Crime Investigation Unit, carried out, on February 24, 2022, in Quito and Riobamba the operation “Victoria 11”, where an alleged criminal organization dedicated to theft in road axes.
Four months of research
After four months of investigation, a criminal group made up of seven citizens was identified, “who would be operating under the modality of assault and intimidation with firearms to the drivers of heavy cargo vehicles on the Alóag – Santo Domingo roads; Latacunga – Ambato; Riobamba – Cuenca and Naranjal – Puerto Inca,” the institution said.
The District General, Manuel Iñiguez Sotomayor, General Director of Investigation, stated that he is criminal organization participated in several events that occurred in November 2021where he recovered six vehicles that were reported as stolen, inside warehouses located in the Middle of the World sector, which were frequented by the presumed antisocials detained today, which allowed the connection to this case.
BLOW ON CRIME?????????
On #UIO and #RIOBAMBAinvestigative work allowed the capture of 7 alleged citizens who were members of a criminal group that operated on the country’s highways.
???? More details in press conference pic.twitter.com/CHELxjIJxC
– Police Ecuador (@PoliciaEcuador) February 24, 2022
1. Milton R., 47-year-old Ecuadorian, who records 26 personal records for robbery, illicit association, qualified robbery, murder, presumption of responsibility, possession of unauthorized weapons and aggravating circumstances.
2. Ángel V., a 33-year-old Ecuadorian, who records 2 personal records for theft and malicious use of a false document.
3. Ángel T., 31-year-old Ecuadorian, who records 1 personal record for Investigation and discovery of infractions.
4. Jessica C., 39-year-old Ecuadorian, who records 1 personal record for investigation and discovery of infractions.
5. Juan P., 28-year-old Ecuadorian.
6. Cristian P., 20-year-old Ecuadorian.
7. Luis P., 25-year-old Ecuadorian.
– 1 firearm
– 5 ammunition
– 1 feeder
– 2 signal inhibitors
– 10 mobile terminals
– 6 vehicles seized
– 1 recovered vehicle
– 9 pairs of plates
– 110 vehicle accessories
– 600 dollars cash
-Various elements linked to the investigation