Among the recommendations of veterinarians to maintain the health of dogs and cats, appears the sterilizationsurgery that, in addition to improving the quality of life of dogs or cats, also has to do with the control of the animal population, as well as with the prevention of diseases.
In the case of females, the procedure -which requires minimal hospitalization- offers health benefits for life, while in males, it would significantly improve their behavior and help them stay close to the case.
You may be interested in: They enable new SITP routes: in what locations and what are their routes
For August, the Institute for Animal Protection and Welfare (IDPYBA) It has already enabled shifts to sterilize citizens’ pets at no cost.
However, to access this process it is necessary for Bogota citizens to make the request through the application of the Animal Protection Institute, the telephone line of the entity (601) 647 71 17in the CADE and SuperCADE of Bosa, Américas, Fontibón, Manitas, Santa Helena, Suba and La Victoria and in the administrative headquarters of IDPYBA Carrera 10 # 26 – 51 Floor 8, Tequendama Residences.
In turn, you must take into account that pets residing in the municipalities of Soacha, Chía, Cota, Funza, among others, will not be treated. In turn, you must take into account that the shift will only be assigned to people of legal age.
Which are the requirements?
Before the appointment:
- That your pet is in good health.
- It is recommended that before sterilization pre-surgical tests be carried out on dogs or cats (CBC, ALT and Creatinine).
- Take your pet on an 8-hour fast for solid food and 3 hours for liquids, before the operation.
The day of the meeting:
- Canines on a leash and leash (muzzle for nervous animals and special handling breeds). Cats in guacal, protected.
- It wears an Elizabethan collar to prevent the animal from licking the post-surgical wound and cob