The Ministry of Education launched the second call to participate in the Progress Scholarshipsso that more young people and adults throughout the country can complete or resume their studies.
The program which operates through the ANSES (National Social Security Administration) offers an economic stimulus, since the objective of the Progress Scholarships is that all people between the ages of 18 and 24 “complete compulsory education and advance to tertiary or university studies”.
Consequently, registration to all lines of Progress Scholarships will remain open until next August 31; while for the beneficiaries of Progresar Trabajo it will remain open all year.
It should be remembered that the economic stimulus is granted according to the different lines of the program, thus, the beneficiaries of Progresar Obligatorio, Progresar Superior and Progresar Trabajo receive $6,400.
While for users of Advanced Progress Scholarships for strategic careers, between $6,400 and $10,660; and Progresar Nursing, between $6,400 and $10,700. Payments are made through ANSES in accordance with the completion of the DNI.
For each of the lines, it is a requirement that the income of the interested party and his family group does not exceed three Minimum, Vital and Mobile Salaries (SMVM); in addition to certifying attendance at an educational institution.
It should be remembered that scholarships are paid monthly for 12 months. “80% is charged month by month, and the remaining 20% after accrediting the regularity of the studies; except for advanced higher level students who charge 100% of the amount”, according to the Government.
What requirements are required in Progresar Scholarships
Although each line of Program has different requirements, the main ones are: be between 16 and 24 years old, be an Argentine resident, in addition to being a regular student at an educational institution.
For some lines, the age limit is extended to 35 years for citizens with children under 18; while there is no age limit for trans people, indigenous peoples, people with disabilities or refugees.