In this regard, the legislator Margot Palacios He questioned that the Board of Directors has closed the auditorium to hold said event, pointing out that it is not going to stop what it has been proposing on the platforms of struggle.
“The Board of Directors believes that closing an auditorium of the Congress of the Republic will stop the constituent moment that Peru is experiencing, it thinks that closing the doors to debate and give opinions will stop what today a large sector of Peru has been calling for. and it has been proposing as an agenda in its platforms of struggle”he expressed.
For his part, the spokesman for the official caucus, Waldemar Cerronpointed out that it is intended to close the doors to a forum “fully legal and democratic”and announced that the event will take place in one of the premises of Peru Libre.
Last Tuesday, before the imminent presentation of Vladimir Cerronthe Board of Spokespersons of the institution agreed to prohibit events in which topics that go against the current Magna Carta and the participation of people who have sentences as exhibitors are prohibited.
That is why this Wednesday the senior official of the National Parliament, Hugo Rovira Zagal, communicated said decision to all the spokesmen of the different parliamentary benches.
Likewise, the day before, the president of Congress, Maria del Carmen Alva (Popular Action), indicated that the forum promoted by the caucus of Free Peru he did not have authorization for not having complied with the respective procedures.
Despite this, the members of the ruling caucus held said forum, where they discussed the Importance of calling a Constituent Assembly to draft a new Political Constitution to replace the 1993 one.
In a video posted on social media, former President of the Judiciary Duberlí Rodríguez can be seen as one of the speakers at the event, who was previously announced along with Vladimir Cerron, who did not participate. Next to him, his brother is appreciated Waldemar Cerron.