Judge Gabriela Hardt, from the 9th Federal Court of Curitiba, removed this Thursday (23) the secrecy of documents and decisions related to the arrest of suspects of planning attacks against authorities. A Operation Minion aimed to dismantle a criminal organization that intended to carry out attacks against public servants and authorities.
Among the targets would be Senator Sergio Moro (União-PR) and prosecutor Lincoln Gakiya, who is investigating the activities of the criminal organization Primeiro Comando da Capital (PCC). During the operation, the PF arrested at least nine people.
“Considering the repercussion that the present case has had in the media, I authorize the forwarding to the press bodies that so request, via the press office of this sectional, copies of the police representations and of the decisions that authorized the arrests and searches, as well as the term custody hearing held yesterday, 03/22/2023”, wrote the judge, when removing the secrecy.
According to a note released by the Federal Justice of Paraná, the withdrawal of secrecy from the process was a request from the delegate who conducts the investigations, filed in the file at 2 pm yesterday. “Out of caution, the federal judge designated to act in the case understood it best to maintain secrecy level 1, for the safety of the investigated and victims, authorizing the disclosure only of police representations and of the decisions that authorized the arrests and searches, as well as the term custody hearing”, explained the Justice.
Federal Police action
For the Minister of Justice and Public Security, Flávio Dino, with the operation, the Federal Police made it clear that it does a technical job, without political interference. “Today, we show how the Federal Police, which is not politically equipped, works. Contrary to what people are saying right now on the internet”, said the minister, yesterday (23)
Also according to Dino, the PF had been investigating the gang for at least 45 days, since the president of the Senate, Rodrigo Pacheco, warned him that there was a plan to execute Moro. Dino added that it was the PF itself that decided to launch the operation that Wednesday. In the request to the Federal Court of Curitiba, to authorize the operation, the PF requested the maintenance of the “maximum secrecy” of the dispatches.
In addition, the police continue to investigate the reasons why the criminals targeted Sergio Moro and how the attack would be carried out, but the main hypotheses are extortion through kidnapping, blackmail or even murder.
This Thursday (23), while participating in an event in Rio, President Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva said that the PCC’s plan to execute Moro could be “another frame” by the former judge. “I’m not going to attack anyone without having proof. I think it’s just another set-up, and if it’s another set-up, he’ll be even more exposed”, he said, during a visit to the Naval Complex of Itaguaí.
In a video shared on social media, Moro criticized Lula’s speech. “I want to ask the President of the Republic: do you not respect the fight that the agents of the law, and here I include myself as Minister of Justice and before that as a judge, the fight that we did against organized crime?”, said Moro.
This Friday (24), the chief minister of the Secretariat for Social Communication (Secom), Paulo Pimenta, questioned the decision of Judge Gabriela Hardt to withdraw the secrecy of the operation. “A judge removing the secrecy of a sensitive and dangerous investigation that is still ongoing, without agreeing with the PF who is in charge of the investigation, helps with what? All this to help a friend’s narrative? Do you think it’s normal? Aren’t they indignant?”, Pimenta wrote on social media.
Gabriela Hardt replaced Sergio Moro in 2018, when he resigned from the 13th Federal Court of Curitiba to take over as Minister of Justice in the government of Jair Bolsonaro. She took over Operation Lava Jato at the time and was responsible for the sentence that convicted Lula in 2019.