Acciona Energía agrees to develop a photovoltaic project

Acciona Energía agrees to develop a photovoltaic project

Acciona Energía has reached an agreement with Country Group to acquire and jointly develop the photovoltaic project Cotoperí in the Dominican Republic and explore other joint investment opportunities in renewable energy in the country.

Cotoperí, is located in the area of ​​Guaymate, province of The Roman and it is made up of three plants that total 162 MWp and that would make this complex one of the largest in Central America and the Caribbean.

“solar complex photovoltaic Cotoperi I, II and III with a capacity of 162 MWp is located in Guaymate, in the province of La Romana and will have 288,456 panels; equivalent to lighting more than 123,000 homes or avoiding 170,850 annual tons of CO2 emissions into the atmosphere,” the statement said.

Acciona Energía, the world’s largest 100% renewable electricity company without legacy fossil fuels, assumes 51% of this project, while Country Group and the Sustainable Energy Fund will have the remaining 49%. The project will involve an associated investment of around 150 million dollars, sustainable growth and local employment.

“We are very excited about being able to materialize our growth in Dominican Republic through an emblematic renewable plant like Cotoperí,” said Jorge Paso, director of Power Energy for Mexico and Central America.

He said that having a partner committed to the energy transition process of Dominican Republic What Country Group and Grupo JMMB, opens a promising path of collaboration.

JMMB Group

For his part, Jesús Cornejo, CEO of JMMB Funds, said that: “The JMMB Group is committed to the sustainable development of the countries where it operates, and this investment through its JMMB Fund Sustainable energy It’s an example of that.”

In addition, it has the support of several Pension funds to channel the resources of the workers in projects that generate an environmental, economic and social impact in the Dominican Republic.

On the other hand, Juan Carlos País, general director of Country Group, said: “We continue to grow hand in hand with leading global partners in the sector, such as Power Energywhose DNA since its birth has been strictly investing in renewable energy projects.

Also, he indicated that power keep investing in these initiatives “fills us with pride and hope for the change that our country requires in energy matters.”

Leading newspaper in the Dominican Republic focused on general news and innovative journalism.

Source link

Previous Story

Criteria adjustments in the investment promotion regime

Next Story

PNP assures that it will resume control of public order in Chincheros

Latest from Dominican Republic