jóvenes

They differ for this #10Jun hearing of young VP activists detained in Chacao

In the complaint they highlight that when they went to the Municipal Police of Chacao to know the state of the young people, they did not want to give them any information. Also at the headquarters of the General Directorate of Military Counterintelligence (Dgcim) they were denied that the young people were there


The Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) Coalition for Human Rights and Democracy reported Thursday night that the four activists of the Voluntad Popular political group were presented at the Palace of Justice. However, the hearing was rescheduled for June 10.

In the same way, the NGO denounced that the young people “are being assisted by the public defense”, without allowing them to appoint their private lawyers.

The case is in charge of the National Prosecutor’s Office 74, which accused the young people of allegedly having committed the crimes of “incitement to hatred, criminal association and obstruction of public roads.”

The young people, Luis Martínez, Carlos Maneiro, Jholbert Godoy and Argelis Rovaina, were arbitrarily detained last Tuesday, June 7, by the Chacao Police when they commemorated the five years since the murder of Neomar Lander.

After the arrest, they were under forced disappearance for more than 48 hours, until the relatives were able to confirm this Thursday afternoon that they were detained at the headquarters of the General Directorate of Military Counterintelligence (DGCIM) in Boleíta, known as one of the centers of torture by the Chavista regime.

*Also read: Court asks the MP to appoint a prosecutor and report on the case of the young people of Voluntad Popular

Earlier, relatives of the four activists of the Voluntad Popular (VP) party who had been missing since June 7, filed a complaint for forced disappearance with the Public Ministry.

Enelida Rangel, mother of Luis Martínez filed the complaint with the General Directorate for the Protection of Human Rights of the Prosecutor’s Office, assisted by the lawyer Ana Leonor Acosta.

“I go before the competent authority, in order to report the forced disappearance of my son and the young men Carlos Maneiro, Jholbert Godoy and Argenis Rovaina, who were removed from a transport unit on June 7, approximately at 12 noon, by members of the Municipal Police of Chacao and taken to the headquarters of that police body, as was known through social networks. Being the case, that since that day I do not know the whereabouts of my son, ”said the document.

In the complaint they emphasize that when they go to the Chacao Municipal Police to know the state of the young people, they did not want to give them any information. Also at the headquarters of the General Directorate of Military Counterintelligence (Dgcim) they were denied that the young people were there.

“Given the lack of attention and information regarding the status of the disappeared youth, and fear for their physical integrity and for the lives of these young people, I filed a habeas corpus in court,” said the mother.

Finally, Mrs. Enelida Rangel emphasizes that what happened with her son and his companions “constitutes serious violations of human rights,” for which she went to that office to “carry out the necessary actions to guarantee the right to life, to personal integrity and the personal liberty of these young people and the pertinent investigations into this forced disappearance.”

Almagro asks for release

The Secretary General of the Organization of American States (OAS), Luis Almagro, urged the Nicolás Maduro regime to release the young people arbitrarily detained.

“We demand the immediate release of Carlos Maneiro, Luis Martínez, Jholbert Godoy and Argelia Rovaina, members of the Popular Will Youth arbitrarily detained by the #Venezuelan regime. Regime authorities are responsible for their well-being.” Almagro wrote on his Twitter account.

With information from We monitor


Post Views:
204



Source link

Previous Story

Newell’s tie without Messi in the box

Latest from Venezuela