Peru by law has a total of 14 holidays this 2022. After December 8, for the Day of the Immaculate Conception; and December 9, for the Battle of Ayacucho, find out how many holidays are left in the year so you can plan yourself.
Holidays and non-working days are the most anticipated by workers, since they can be used to rest, spend time with the family, travel and, in this month, do the end-of-year shopping.
Here we tell you how many holidays and non-working days remain in the last month of the year so that you can schedule.
WHAT HOLIDAYS ARE LEFT IN DECEMBER 2022?
After the holiday of December 9, the last of the year is Christmas.
- Sunday December 25: Christmas.
WHAT NON-WORKING DAYS ARE LEFT IN DECEMBER 2022?
Non-working days were declared through Supreme Decree No. 033-2022[D1] -PCM:
- Monday December 26: Non-working day for the public sector.
- Friday December 30: Non-working day for the public sector.
WHAT IS CHRISTMAS?
Christmas is a Christian holiday that commemorates the birth of the baby Jesus in Bethlehem and is celebrated on December 25 in the Catholic Church, the Anglican Church, some Protestant communities and most Orthodox Churches.
Christmas or Nativity comes from the Latin nativĭtas, nativātis which means “birth”, and in addition to being used to refer to the day Jesus is born, it is also extended to designate the subsequent period that reaches Three Kings Day.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN HOLIDAY AND NON-WORKING DAY?
Although you can rest on both days, take note of the differences:
- The holiday is a national holiday in which workers, both in the public and private sectors, can stop working. The same happens with students, who stop going to their classes. In the event that an employee works on a holiday, he will receive additional remuneration, which is normally triple, even if it is Sunday.
- The non-working day is decreed by the Government on duty and is aimed at the public sector. In the private sector, the employer will decide if their workers work or not. If in case an employee works normally, this does not mean that they will receive an extra payment, since he will only receive the same salary without increases. For those who rest, they must compensate with overtime, work on Saturdays or consider it as part of the vacation.