«They put me in the window, I want to change to the corridor. The only one available is the most uncomfortable, in the emergency exit, “said the renowned communicator about the chair; but netizens replied “they are already screwing it is for screwing”.
The cases where travelers report “bad times” with air travel is not new, the case of Viva, Ultra Air and other airlines in the country do not stop. In the most recent episode, the complaint was made by a well-known journalist who stated that he was charged “$30,000” for changing his chair.
This is Gustavo Gómez, who through his Twitter account, @gusgomez1701, told what had happened to him.
«What a shame @Avianca. They put me in the window, I want to change to the corridor“he initially said.
Then he added that “the only one available is the most uncomfortable, in the emergency exit.”
But it was not the only thing, since he continued stating that “to go in that seat, in which one helps others, you have to pay 30 thousand pesos.” Sentencing «pwork @Avianca, handled with the legs. Fatal«.
What a shame @Avianca They put me in the window, I want to change to the corridor. The only one available is the most uncomfortable, in the emergency exit. To go in that seat, where one helps others, you have to pay 30,000 pesos. Poor @Avianca, handled with the legs. Fatal. pic.twitter.com/xW2BBQTfjP
— GustavoGómezCórdoba (@gusgomez1701) March 27, 2023
Received comments for and against
Among the comments that the majority received were against the airline, however there were some in which they threw one or two darts at it.
- “That happens when you buy cheap tickets. The selection of seats has an additional cost. If the full rate is purchased, one chooses a seat in the front and whatever, without paying for it. Everything has to be said.”
- «Does the emergency exit seem like the most uncomfortable position? (I am not discussing the price, I agree with that) ».
- «Mk, the truth is that the seats located in the emergency exit are the most desired precisely because they are more spacious, so there if not. In fact, that’s why the fee charged by airlines is usually higher for these seats.”
- “Service getting worse. The corresponding complaints must be filed with the Superintendencies of Transportation and Industry and Commerce.”
- “Why is so difficult achieve the rules or read a contract of carriage? If there are different rates, different travel options, why at the last minute do they want to have a good time and not pay what corresponds to them?
“Oversold flights”, a true ‘trauma’ for many travelers in Colombia, who regulates and what can they do?