Tata Martino confirms that he will take three forwards and discards Vela and Chicharito

Tata Martino confirms that he will take three forwards and discards Vela and Chicharito

The selector of Mexicothe Argentinian Gerardo Martinoconfirmed this Tuesday that he will only take three forwards to Qatar World Cup 2022 and ruled out once again that Carlos candle Y Javier ‘Chicharito’ Hernandez be part of that list.

“In the case of Carlos candleHe told me about three and a half years ago that he preferred not to be called up for the national team. And, well, that hasn’t changed. In the case of Javiersimply and as I said on all occasions (previously) I have decided on other center forwards,” he assured at a press conference.

The Mexican team organized this Tuesday an open day for the media in The Angels (USA) before their next two friendlies in Californian lands: this Saturday against Peru in Pasadena (USA) and next Tuesday against Colombia in Saint Clare (USA.).

To a question about the situation of the post of 9 Mexico, Martino admitted that his choice from day one was Raul Jimenezbut pointed out that the injury he suffers “is not allowing him to play continuously.”

“In any case, what gives me satisfaction is that we are not in trouble due to scarcity but rather we have to define the situation between four footballers. It is clear that the four are not going to go (to the world)”, he claimed.

“Undoubtedly, if there are four players who later have plenty of reasons to be there, the controversy will be over whoever is left out (…). But I always prefer that the problem be abundance and not scarcity,” he added.

In those called for these two preparation friendlies appear those four strikers whom Martino implicitly referenced without mentioning their names: Henry Martín (America), Santiago Giménez (Feyenoord), Rogelio Funes Mori (Monterrey) and Raúl Jiménez (Wolverhampton).

The technician said that, at this point and with the world just around the corner, he has “more certainties than doubts” about the names that will make up the final call.

But he also admitted that in his decisions he could be “unfair” with someone who would also deserve to go to Taste.

“Within all of this, discussion is generated. I have rarely seen debates as constant as they are in Mexico regarding short-term players with good performance who immediately have to be in the national team (…). It is something that we expose ourselves. But we hope to have the best 26”, explained.

Despite the poor results and the lack of goals in recent games, Martino wanted to refute a certain pessimism that currently revolves around the Mexican team and highlighted that there were good moments in the game in the 0-0 draw against Ecuador and the 0-1 defeat against Paraguay.

“I think we’re starting to have glimpses of recovery. What I’m seeing in the days we’ve been in training makes me very excited,” he defended.

“We have to talk about what the team does on the pitch. That will surely bring us closer to the people. It’s not me or a player in a press conference who can feed the illusion of the people. This feeds from the behavior of the team in each of the games”, he assured.

read also



Source link

Previous Story

Organizations marched to Congress to demand an end to mistreatment of horses

Latest from soccer