Should airfare be cheaper?

Should airfare be cheaper?

Get prices down airfare among the countries connected to the Dominican Republic is within the challenges that the authorities of the sector have tourism Dominican Republic, as well as achieving regularization of the tourism real estate in the nation.

“We understand that these (are the) challenges that we have to overcome to be much more competitive and to reach the numbers that we understand the Dominican Republic must reach annually, which is to overcome the barrier of seven million touristsas will happen in the year 2022”, Collado expressed when participating in a press conference where he presented the statistics of the tourism sector as of March 2022.

About him tourism real estate, Collado said that he understands that it should continue to be promoted, but regularized.

“The same plan and the same documentation and the process that is taking DGII (General Directorate of Internal Taxes) is part of the vision. Today we have 53,000 rooms for the airbnb and these platforms, which we understand should continue to be motivated, but they must pay taxes,” he said.

On his side, the president of the Association of Hotels and tourism of the Dominican Republic (Asonahores), Rafael Blanco Tejera, said that the regulation will be the same as that required in any hotel. In other words, you will have to comply with your tax obligations and the security obligations and guarantees from tourism.

“Yet the DGII He sent the bill for consultation, that process has already concluded. He understands that the DGII it is evaluating all the opinions it received, so that it can formalize this regulation”, indicated the Asonahores executive.

In the first three months of 2022, 1,714,947 non-residents arrived in the Dominican Republic, the highest number since the start of the pandemic, according to Minister Collado.

He explained that, with the reactivation of the tourists from Canada, Germany, the United Kingdom and Argentina, among other issuers, during the third month of the year 617,756 non-residents were received, for 229% above March 2020 and 197% above March 2021.

“Today, I can say here, with complete certainty, as Minister of tourism and coordinator of the Cabinet of tourismthat he tourism of the Dominican Republic has recovered in its entirety”, expressed Collado when presenting this Monday the results of the sector.

He added that 84% of non-resident visitors between January and March 2022 are of foreign origin and the remaining 16% of Dominican origin.

Graduated in social communication at the O&M University. He completed a Master’s degree in International Trade at the CEUPE European Postgraduate Center, has several diplomas in economics, customs, the electricity sector, taxes and investigative journalism.

Source link

Previous Story

From Petare they demanded the release of the diplomat Álex Saab

Latest from Dominican Republic