El acusado, Robert "Bobby" Crimo III. Foto: BiharHelp.com.

Seventh victim of 4th of July parade mass shooting dies

A seventh victim died Tuesday from injuries sustained in Monday’s mass shooting at a Fourth of July parade in Highland Park, Illinois, police said.

Authorities believe the massacre had been planned for weeks and that more than 70 rounds were fired from a high-powered rifle, similar to an AR-15.

The 21-year-old suspect, Robert “Bobby” Crimo III, is accused of opening fire from the roof of a building, which he accessed from a fire escape, police said.

Police said he wore women’s clothing during the shooting to hide his facial tattoos and blend in with the crowd as he fled. “After the attack, Crimo came out of the roof, dropped his rifle, mixed with the crowd and escaped,” police said today. “He walked to his mother’s house, who lives in the area, and mixed with the others.”

USA: At least six killed in shooting at an Independence Day parade in Illinois

Police said they are seeking to speak to a witness who believes he saw Crimo drop the rifle behind a red blanket immediately after the shooting.

The suspect purchased five weapons in total, including two rifles, over the past year, police said. Asked by reporters if he targeted anyone specifically, police said “the shooting appears to be completely random.”

Crimo was taken into custody Monday night, is answering questions from investigators and has made statements claiming responsibility for the attack, according to multiple law enforcement sources.

In 2019, a family member reported that Crimo said he was going to “kill everyone” in the house. The authorities confiscated knives, a dagger and a sword.

Crimo is believed to be linked to social media posts that discuss or depict acts of violence, including shooting people.

Source link

Previous Story

Digestive health is directly related to what we eat

Latest from Cuba