The Secretary of Control and Transparency of Espírito Santo, Edmar Moreira Camata, will be the new general director of the Federal Highway Police (PRF), announced today (20) the future Minister of Justice and Public Security, Flávio Dino. He also announced the criminal lawyer Augusto de Arruda Botelho for the National Secretariat of Justice.
Graduated in law and public servant of the PRF since 2006, Camata has a master’s degree in anti-corruption policies from the University of Salamanca, Spain, and will succeed Silvinei Vasques, exonerated today by President Jair Bolsonaro and accused of administrative impropriety for asking for votes for the re-election candidate in the second round of the presidential campaign.
Candidate for federal deputy not elected in this year’s elections, Augusto de Arruda Botelho was a lawyer for Lava Jato defendants and one of the main critics of the operation. As national justice secretary, Botelho will promote the ministry’s justice policy and deal with issues such as closing international agreements and welcoming refugees.
Flávio Dino also announced the composition of the Federal Police (PF) summit, which will be under the command of delegate Andrei Passos Rodrigues. According to the future minister, the PF will act with more “complexity and density” in the next government. An exclusive board will be created for the Amazon and the Environment.
Check out the names announced today:
• General Director of the Federal Highway Police: Edson Camata, Secretary of Control and Transparency of Espírito Santo. Public servant of the PRF, master in anti-corruption policies from the University of Salamanca, with specializations in integrated management in public security and in public ministry and defense of the legal order.
• National Secretariat of Justice: Augusto de Arruda Botelho, criminal lawyer, specialist in economic criminal law from the University of Coimbra (Portugal), in criminal law from the University of Salamanca and studying for a master’s degree in economic criminal law from the Getulio Vargas Foundation. Candidate for federal deputy not elected by the PSB.
Federal Police Summit:
• Ricardo Saadi, delegate: Board of Investigation and Fight against Organized Crime;
• Ademir Dias Cardoso Junior: Director of Information and Communication Technology;
• André Luis Lima Carmo: Director of Administration and Logistics;
• Guilherme Monseff de Biagi: People Management Department;
• Helena de Rezende: General Internal Affairs
• Humberto Freire de Barros: Directorate for the Amazon and Environment;
• Luciana do Amaral Alonso Martins: Education Board;
• Luiz Eduardo Navajas Telles Pereira: Chief of Staff;
• Otávio Margonari Russo: Directorate for Combating Cyber Crimes;
• Roberto Reis Monteiro Neto: PF technical-scientific directorate;
• Rodrigo de Melo Teixeira: Directorate of Administrative Police;
• Rodrigo Morais Fernandes: PF Intelligence Directorate;
• Valdecy Urquiza: Directorate of International Cooperation.