In the last few hours, Judge María Eugenia Capuchetti prosecuted Fernando Sabag Montiel and his girlfriend Brenda Uliarte with preventive detention and seized them for 100 million pesos, for the attack on Cristina Kirchner.
The judge determined that Sabag and Uliarte were co-authors of the assassination attempt against Cristina Kirchnerso after the attack on the vice presidentThey will now be prosecuted for attempted aggravated homicide.
However, justice does not rule out that there are more people involved in the attack on Cristina Kirchner, among them, Agustina Díaz, who is a friend of the couple and exchanged several messages with Uliarte about the events; and Gabriel Carrizo, who has not yet given his investigation.
After reviewing different probative material, including the cell phones of those involved, and after collecting images and videos of the moment of the attack, as well as testimonies, the justice system was able to determine that the attack on the vice president was the “final chapter” of a “criminal plan”.
“The events of September 1 were the final chapter of the criminal plan that they had previously agreed upon, designed and studied,” said Capuchetti, who reconstructed the events and assured that the plan began to be organized in April of this year.
According to the reconstruction, on April 22, Brenda Uliarte bought the 32-caliber auto gun, Bersa brand, Lusber 84 model, which was later used to commit the crime. Uliarte would have even told several of her contacts that she had bought the weapon.
Later, on July 4, Uliarte communicated with his friend Agustina Díaz, to whom he spoke of his intentions to attack the vice president. In this regard, the judge pointed out: “This circumstance highlights that, by that time, Uliarte had already made the decision to attempt against the life of Mrs. vice president, Cristina Elisabet Fernandez de Kirchnerthus initiating the course of the plan for which it was only enough to define the circumstances of the manner, time and place of its execution”.
How was the attack planned?
Once Uliarte made the decision to attack the former president, he began to think about how to execute his plan, which “happened later based on the intelligence that both she and Sabag Montiel carried out in the days prior to the attack.” The couple had even considered hiring a sniper to carry out the attack.
Finally, on August 27 they try to carry out their plan, but it failed, so the assassination attempt is repeated on September 1. In this regard, the judge highlighted: “the existence of a plan to carry out the act in which different alternatives were exchanged, evaluating the possibility of each one of them and the one that best ensures the result, taking into account the movements of the victim, is evident.” and everything related to its custody.