11J

Regime releases four minors accused of sedition for 11J

MIAMI, United States. – The Cuban regime released this Friday four minors convicted of the alleged crime of sedition given their participation in the popular demonstrations of July 11, 2021 (11J).

They are Kendry Miranda Cárdenas (sentenced to 19 years in prison), Rowland Jesús Castillo Castro (sentenced to 18 years in prison), Lázaro Noél Urgellés Fajardo (sentenced to 14 years in prison) and Brandon David Becerra Curbelo (sentenced to 13 years in prison). in prison), as confirmed to CubaNet various activists for the release of political prisoners consulted.

Likewise, Yanaisy Curbelo, Brandon’s mother, broadcast live on Facebook at the time when he went to look for his son and the other released minors.

“I’m going in search of the children,” he said. “I can only tell you that I have no words. We did it ”, she managed to say despite the emotion.

Minors released this Friday (Image: Courtesy)Also this Wednesday, the Cuban regime released the minor Jonathan Torres-Farrat (Havana) and the young Andy García Lorenzo (Santa Clara).

Jonathan’s mother, Bárbara Farrat Guillén, confirmed to CubaNet that his son had been released on May 25 on bail. “It was a change of measure until the day of the trial, but at least now I have it at home,” she said.

In mid-March, the Cuban regime requested eight years in prison for Jonathan, who was arrested on August 13, 2021 for his alleged participation in the popular demonstrations on July 11, 2021.

This Wednesday, the regime sent the young political prisoner Andy García Lorenzo home, before ordering his entry into a prison camp.

His sister, Roxana García Lorenzo, confirmed to CubaNet that Andy had not been released, but benefited from a change of measure. Now, instead of serving four years in prison, he will have to serve his sentence at a correctional labor camp or farm.

“He is going to be in the house for a few days until the change in measure becomes effective and from there they send him to a camp,” said the young woman.

García Lorenzo was violently arrested on 11J and accused of “public disorder” and “disrespect.” He had a fiscal request of seven years of deprivation of liberty, he was tried in January of this year along with 15 other 11J protesters in the same province, and sentenced to four years in prison.

In addition to Andy and Jonathan, this Wednesday were also released José Miguel Gómez Mondeja, Jorge Gabriel Arruebarruena León, Lázaro Alejandro Rodríguez Ruíz and Ariel Núñez Martínez. All had been sentenced to four years in prison in April this year.

Receive information from CubaNet on your cell phone through WhatsApp. Send us a message with the word “CUBA” on the phone +1 (786) 316-2072, You can also subscribe to our electronic newsletter by giving click here.

Source link

Previous Story

IMSS Bienestar will take control of the health sector in CDMX, announces Sheinbaum

Latest from Cuba