Given the complex and devastating commercial and economic situation that has been affecting gradually and progressively, with serious consequences, in the departments of Artigas, Salto, Paysandú, Río Negro, Soriano and Colonia, for businesses and workers, as a result of the absence of substantial and in-depth measures that come close to a border policy plan that has long been demanded by the political force; legislators of the Broad Front members of said commission express:
– Concern about the very serious situation caused by the absence of measures by the national government, which try to counteract the damages that the difference in prices with the Argentine Republic causes and that determine the closure of shops in the six departments, the increase in workers sent to unemployment insurance, the increase in layoffs and the direct incidence with the increase in the unemployment rate above the national average rate.
– That since the Uruguay-Argentina border commission, the legislative bench of the Broad Front has been sensitive, has worked hard and has presented proposals, initiatives and projects, trying to address this regressive regional commercial, economic and labor context that have not been
considered or attended as their urgency obliges the authorities of the national government to act.
Since October 2021, the Draft Law presented by the Broad Front “Comprehensive Protection of Border Areas” has been under study in the Border Commission and it has not been possible to advance in its study.
– We demand the immediate execution of some of the proposals presented and in particular the increase to the legal limit of 39% of the discount in the commercialization of fuels at border service stations, counting for this with the endorsement of the commercial organizations of the coast and of the parking lot, as well as the instrumentation and implementation of the micro import, as measures of efficiency and that commit us with
the realization of border policies.
– Public policies are urgently needed for the generation of employment, it is necessary to deepen the measures of exonerations and tax relief for the
MSMEs, territorial policies to stimulate local commerce, creation of institutions with public-private integration.
– Express our concern for the two thousand Uruguayans from different border cities of Uruguay coming from the different coastal departments who have left the country to settle in cities of the Province of Entre Ríos – Argentina. We cannot remain passive in the face of the seriousness of the existing situation that began to cause compatriots to leave for other countries and that takes us back to the distant 2002 that we do not want to suffer again.
– We back and support the comrade Mayor of Salto Andrés Lima in the face of an unjustified and reprehensible attitude of the Secretary of the Presidency Álvaro Delgado when trying to hold the departmental head responsible for the policies of employment generation, investment and above all, adoption of measures in this border scenario adverse for our country; that are proper and inherent to an insensitive and absent national government despite the insistence and permanent claims of the entire Uruguayan society.