Minutes after the voting for the presidential elections closed, Defense Minister Diego Molano, accompanied by the military leadership, informed public opinion that the electoral day passed in “total normality” in matters of public order. “The public force will continue to accompany the process of pre-counting, counting and scrutiny,” said.
(What does a presidential candidate need to win in the first round).
Around 12 noon on May 29, from the unified command post, the Minister of Defense, Diego Molano, and the Minister of the Interior, Daniel Palacios, had delivered a piece of calm to Colombians about the situation of public order in the country.
“The day has been developing without any significant alteration, it is important to mention that of the more than 12,500 voting stations, no position has been transferred due to public order,” said Minister Palacios.
In the early hours of the morning, the Defense Minister, Diego Molano, had delivered the first report on the situation of public order in the country for the presidential election day.
According to the minister, there were three attacks against the public force by the FARC dissidents, two explosive devices in San José del Guaviare and one in Cartagena del Chairá, apparently for the death of ‘Gentil Duarte’.
However, the minister reported that “these events do not affect election day,” and So far “there is normal operation and the devices continue at the national level.”
First public order report from Unified Command Post:
✔️San José del Guaviare: 2 explosive devices, wounded professional soldier José Ortega
✔️Cartagena del Chairá: 1 explosive device
These events do not affect election day. #PlanDemocracy2022 pic.twitter.com/leJFZvcxNw
– Diego Molano Aponte (@Diego_Molano) May 29, 2022