In Bogotá, this Monday, September 12, private vehicles with plates ending in an even number, that is, 0-2-4-6-8. The Mayor’s Office of the city imposed the measure from 6 in the morning to 9 at night.
It should be remembered that on odd days private cars with license plates ending in an odd number have a pick and plate, that is, 1 – 3 – 5 – 7 –9.
The pick and plate for taxis is for plates ending in 7-8. The restriction operates from 5:30 in the morning to 9 at night. It is important to note that the restriction for taxis does not apply on Sundays or holidays.
How to be exempt from pick and plate?
People who want to be exempt from the pick and tag can register on the website of the Ministry of Mobility and know the option of the solidary peak and platewhich is a permit that is acquired by paying, so that in this way you can travel through the streets of Bogotá in the midst of the restriction.
The Mayor’s Office of Bogotá said that the resources generated in the solidarity pico y placa program are destined for the sustainability and improvement of the city’s Integrated Public Transport System.
What are the vehicles that have the exception of Pico y Placa?
– Electric vehicles with zero polluting emissions
– Presidential motorcade
– Diplomatic or consular service vehicles
– Vehicles of state security agencies
– Emergency vehicles
– Vehicles used to transport people with disabilities
– Vehicles of home public service companies
– Vehicles for traffic control and cranes
– Emission and discharge control vehicles
– Vehicles assigned by the National Protection Unit
– Media Vehicles
– Vehicles of judicial authorities
– School transportation vehicles owned by educational institutions
– Vehicles such as cars, campers or vans intended for automotive education
– Vehicles with 3 or more occupants (must be registered on the website of the Ministry of Mobility)
– Hybrid vehicles
– Vehicles with Peak and Solidarity Plate
What are the penalties for violating the peak and plate?
According to the Secretariat of Mobility of Bogotá, the sanctions that people who fail to comply with the measure of the peak and plate will have a fine of $468,500. In addition, the transit agent could make the decision to immobilize the vehicle.