In Bogotá, this Tuesday, November 15, private vehicles with plates ending in an odd number, that is, 1 – 3 – 5 – 7 –9. The City Hall imposed the measure from 6 in the morning to 9 at night.
It should be remembered that private cars with license plates ending in an even number, that is, 0-2-4-6-8, have peak and license plate on even days.
The pico y placa para taxis is for the plates ending in 7-8. The restriction operates from 5:30 in the morning to 9 at night. It is important to note that the restriction for taxis does not apply on Sundays or holidays.
How to be exempt from spike and plate?
People who want to be exempt from the peak and plate can register on the page of the Ministry of Mobility and know the option of the beak and solidarity plaque, which is a permit that is acquired by paying, so that in this way you can travel through the roads of Bogotá amid the restriction.
The Bogotá Mayor’s Office said that the resources generated in the solidarity pico y placa program are allocated to the sustainability and improvement of the city’s Integrated Public Transportation System.
What are the vehicles that have an exception for Pico y Placa?
– Electric vehicles and zero polluting emissions
– Presidential motorcade
– Vehicles of diplomatic or consular service
– Vehicles of state security agencies
– Emergency vehicles
– Vehicles used to transport people with disabilities
– Vehicles of home public utility companies
– Vehicles for traffic control and cranes
– Emissions and dumping control vehicles
– Vehicles assigned by the National Protection Unit
– Media vehicles
– Vehicles of judicial authorities
– School transportation vehicles owned by educational institutions
– Vehicles such as automobiles, campervans, or trucks intended for teaching automobiles
– Vehicles with 3 or more occupants (must register on the website of the Ministry of Mobility)
– Hybrid vehicles
– Vehicles with Peak and Solidarity Plate
What are the penalties for failing to comply with the pico y placa?
According to the Bogotá Mobility Secretariat, the sanctions that people who Those who fail to comply with the peak and plate measure will be fined $468,500. In addition, the traffic officer could make the decision to immobilize the vehicle.