Peasants lift the last blockade point in Santa Cruz and bus departures resume

Peasants lift the last blockade point in Santa Cruz and bus departures resume

August 5, 2022, 8:00 PM

August 5, 2022, 8:00 PM

The agreement with the central government that was signed this afternoon in La Paz, pallowed to lift the last blocking point of the peasants who persisted on the route to Puerto Pailas. In this way, all the roads of Santa Cruz were expedited this Friday.

The leaders of the 300 marchers who arrived at the seat of Governmentafter 28 days of walking from the Santa Cruz municipality of Pailón, met with the Deputy Minister of Lands, Ramiro Guerrero. They agreed to have a meeting with President Luis Arce on August 12, when the work tables will be set up to analyze the demands.

The Minister of Public Works, Services and Housing, Edgar Montaño, reported that after this meeting the blockade in Puerto Pailas was liftedwhich was the last one to persist, since those found in Buena Vista, San Ramón and Guarayos province (in Santa María and Cerro Grandre) had already been removed before noon.

Thus, Montaño assured that the routes to Beni, Chiquitania and Cochabamba were expedited from this Friday afternoon, after five days in a row of lockdowns.

However, the peasants announced that if the national government does not comply with the agreement they will resume with their pressure measure from August 13. “The strike and vigil is lifted in La Paz, in case the work tables are not reinstated on August 12 with the presence of the president, the action measures will be resumed with an indefinite blockade as of August 13,” says a part of the four points that the document has.

At the Bimodal Terminal bus departures to Chiquitania were resumed, Trinidad and Cochabamba by the new highway. While the Police continue in the four points where the blockades were, to enforce free movement and avoid new conflicts.

Source link

Previous Story

Enem test notebooks are ready, says Inep president

Latest from Bolivia