incendio Matanzas

More than 4,000 evacuees in the areas near the fire in Matanzas

MIAMI, United States.- More than 4,000 people have been evacuated from the areas near the fire of two fuel tanks at the Matanzas Supertanker Base, according to a report by the Caribbean Channel.

Matanzas Governor Mario Sabines told the official media this Saturday, “first thing in the morning, around 70 people when the first tank was downstream and to avoid risk we got people out of there. When we saw that this could get complicated, then a neighborhood that is around three kilometers from the place that is Dubrocq, we evacuated more than 800 people.

This Sunday morning Canal Caribe also confirmed that the figure had increased to 4,000.

Screenshot

The Governor also said that the majority of those injured in the fire were “colleagues who were fighting with us all morning to extinguish the fire. It hurt us a lot and it still hurts us.”

“There is a group of teammates who have minor injuries, but there are others who are very complicated. We are moving the most complex ones to Havana to be able to cure them, to be able to save their lives.” she added.

Among those injured by the fire is the Minister of Energy and Mines, Liván Nicolás Arronte Cruz, the official press said on Saturday.

The official “receives care at the Faustino Pérez hospital and was visited by the President of the National Assembly of People’s Power, Esteban Lazo, who continues to learn about the situation of the victims and the guarantee of material and human resources in this hospital for these circumstances,” reported the official newspaper Granma.

“We live difficult days, to face them Unity, Discipline, Equanimity and Confidence that we will get ahead. I feel good and very soon I will be back on the front line of combat. Thank you all,” Arronte wrote on Twitter shortly after.

This Sunday, August 7, they are still working to put out the fire, which continues uncontrollably since lightning struck a fuel tank at the Matanzas Supertanker Base.

The fire has so far left 122 injured, 16 firefighters are still missing and one has already been identified as the first fatality.

Receive information from CubaNet on your cell phone through WhatsApp. Send us a message with the word “CUBA” on the phone +1 (786) 316-2072, You can also subscribe to our electronic newsletter by giving click here.

Source link

Previous Story

After tough legal battle, British boy died

Latest from Cuba