Richard Lustig was an American man who rose to fame due to his particular good luck in the lotteryWell, on seven occasions, between 1993 and 2010he won prizes in games of chance, which gave him total revenues of one million dollars.
Lustig, who passed away in 2018, published a book explaining the mathematical model that made him a millionaire, which managed to reach the third place of the most outstanding self-help books by Amazon. Nevertheless, this was harshly criticized, as many readers considered these methods ‘dangerous’.
The financial journalist Felix Salmon, quoted by ‘Bloomberg’, It was not clear whether the man actually kept more prize money than he had invested in lottery tickets.
Some of the recommendations that Lustig gave in his post were:
– The more tickets are purchased, the more chances there are to win.
– You have to have a budget, that is, not allocate the money necessary to survive the game.
– Many people, according to the author of the book, select their numbers in relation to the date of their birthday or that of a relative, that is, between the numbers 1 and 31. To do this, he recommended selecting numbers greater than 31 so that, in case of winning, increase the chances of not sharing the prize with anyone.
– In the same way, he also advised buying the lottery ticket among friends, although in the case of being the winning number, the prize had to be divided among several. Nevertheless, Lustig explained that the investment cost decreased by making a shared purchase.
– Choose your own numbers and that these have a sequence of two or more rows of numbers on the ticket.
(You may be interested in: Lottery: why the prizes are bigger but it’s harder to win).
According to the information on the Lotto Guide page, Richard Lustig was born in the year 1950 in the United States and lived in the state of Florida, before fame came to his doorstep.
(You may be interested in: Winner of millionaire chance hit two draws with the same number).
Lustig was a professional drummer, however, his earnings were not enough to subsist on the most basic, this because his health was not with him, because he had many medical debts as a result of the birth of his son in 1992.
In the year 1993, won a lottery prize valued at $10,000 and since that year, he did not win any other game until 1997, in which he won $13,690 from Florida Fantasy 5. In the year 2000 she won $3,500, product of a scratch and win. A year later, she won another award from $4,966.
(Keep reading: ‘Green card’ or visa lottery: ways to go legal to the United States).
In 2008, Lustig managed to repeat victory in the Florida Fantasy, taking his pocket $73,658 and in August 2010, earning a sum of almost 100 thousand dollars.