President Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva withdrew today (31) nominations for positions made by former president Jair Bolsonaro, many of them after his defeat in the October elections.
The nominations were for positions in public bodies, regulatory agencies and Brazilian embassies abroad, and were still pending approval by the National Congress.
Tomorrow (1st) parliamentarians resume work in the Legislative and the former president’s nominations would go back to processing. The current government has not yet presented the new names.
You dispatches were published at the Official Diary of the Union. Check out the canceled nominations:
- Helio Ferraz de Oliveira, nominated on December 9, 2021 as director of the National Film Agency (Ancine);
- Daniel de Macedo Alves Pereira, nominated on November 10, 2022 for reappointment as head of the Public Defender’s Office of the Union;
- André Elias Marques, appointed on November 18, 2022 to ombudsman of the National Mining Agency (ANM);
- André Ruelli, appointed on November 18, 2022 to ombudsman of the National Electric Energy Agency (Aneel);
- Ronaldo Jorge da Silva Lima, nominated on November 11, 2022 for reappointment as director of the National Mining Agency (ANM);
- José Mauro Esteves dos Santos, appointed on June 2, 2022, as CEO of the National Nuclear Security Authority (ANSN), with a four-year term;
- Jefferson Borges Araújo, appointed on June 2, 2022, to director of the National Nuclear Security Authority (ANSN), a position with a three-year term;
- Luciana Lauria Lopes, nominated on November 18, 2022 as ombudsman for the National Waterway Transport Agency (Antaq);
- Edgar Ribeiro Dias, appointed on November 18, 2022 to ombudsman of the National Health Surveillance Agency (Anvisa);
- João Paulo Dias de Araújo, appointed on November 18, 2022 to ombudsman of the National Supplementary Health Agency (ANS);
- André Chermont de Lima, diplomat appointed on December 13, 2022, as ambassador of Brazil in the United Arab Emirates;
- Miguel Griesbach de Pereira Franco, diplomat appointed on November 17, 2022 as ambassador of Brazil in Turkey;
- Paulino Franco de Carvalho Neto, diplomat appointed on November 7, 2022, as ambassador of Brazil in France and, cumulatively, in the Principality of Monaco;
- Sarquis José Buainain Sarquis, diplomat appointed on September 26, 2022 to represent Brazil at the World Trade Organization (WTO) and other economic organizations in Geneva, Switzerland;
- Reinaldo José de Almeida Salgado, diplomat appointed on September 21, 2022, as ambassador of Brazil in the Netherlands (Kingdom of the Netherlands);
- Paulo Roberto Caminha de Castilhos França, diplomat nominated on September 21, 2022 to be ambassador of Brazil in Greece (Hellenic Republic);
- Hélio Vitor Ramos Filho, diplomat appointed on July 7, 2022 as ambassador of Brazil in Argentina;
- Fernando Simas Magalhães, diplomat appointed on August 10, 2022, as ambassador of Brazil in Italy and, cumulatively, in San Marino and Malta.