The Minister of Housing and Territorial Planning, Raúl Lozano said that is “in a second study” the delivery of the house that was assigned without lottery to a Cabildo Abierto militant. “We want to be sure that heThe norms that enable it are norms that are correctly imposed“, said the minister regarding the regulations in which ex-minister Irene Moreira relied.
Wallet He had already put on hold the delivery of the apartment to Mónica Píriz, the Cabildo Abierto militant, as reported by El País and confirmed The Observer.
In any case, this Thursday, the portfolio carried out the delivery of keys of the houses raffled from a complex located in New York and Yi. Of the raffled houses in that complex, eight were not delivered: seven for different administrative problems, and that of the militant lobbyist for the scandal that ended with the departure of Irene Moreira from the government. The key to that apartment was not in the act.
“That house is in a second study awaiting the corresponding legal reports for the purpose of adjudicating it,” Lozano said at a press conference, according to Telemundo. “We are waiting to make a delivery with responsibility and seriousness,” he assured.
What Guido Manini Ríos had explained
From the Cabildo they understand that a regulation reserves a quota for the minister, or the minister, to deliver a house for people who “They are not in a condition to comply with the requirements established in the corresponding calls of the different programs”, claimed Senator Guido Manini Ríos, when he made a statement the day President Luis Lacalle Pou asked Moreira to resign. “That is to say, exactly the case that this situation is covered” Manini said.
Moreira said that technical reports supported and therefore enabled the delivery to the militant.
“It is legal investigating the corresponding reports. We want to be sure that the norms that enable it are norms that are correctly imposed. For which it is under study”Raúl Lozano said this Thursday.
As reported by El País and confirmed by El Observador, the portfolio had put on hold the delivery of the apartment to Mónica Píriz, the Cabildo Abierto militant,
Although the minister said that “the possibilities can be all”, he affirmed that “There will not be a new draw because there is already a draw”.
They will investigate awards since 2009
The Píriz case was the trigger for the controversy that broke out over Moreira’s actions, although it was later revealed that directly awarded other homes.
Therefore “is in progress” a administrative investigation in the portfolio to determine responsibilities for the homes that are awarded without lottery at the request of the ex-minister, Lozano also confirmed.
The investigation is not only being carried out on Moreira’s efforts, but “the different ministerial resolutions are being investigated, if they are adequate throughout all the years.” Therefore, direct awards will be investigated from 2009 –during the Frente Amplio governments– until now.
Lozano argued that the awards directly “for some programs they have existed since the Ministry of Housing was created.”
On the other hand, at the beginning of the official act this Thursday of the ministry, a woman interrupted the words of Lozano and claimed that had been designated as a substitute on the housing allocation list but they had never called herand criticized the concession to the lobbyist militant.