The deputy to the National Assembly Hermann Escarrá assured that the corruption plot recently discovered by the Venezuelan authorities does not reach 3 billion dollars, as has been announced, but that it could reach 23 billion.
In statements offered this Tuesday, March 21 at the Legislative Palace, Escarrá declared that new judicial processes and raids are expected in various entities of the country.
“The information that is available in relation to various states, including Aragua and Caracas, where some raids are going to take place, and this is going to reach a much larger number, because it is about mafias and networks that had been working high levels of corruption,” he said.
“We are not talking about little things, 3 billion dollars on the one hand, 8 billion on the other, 12 billion, are extremely serious issues that harm the people, but also the democratic institutions, the rule of law and to state companies such as PDVSA”, added the parliamentarian.
He described the initiative of President Nicolás Maduro to forcefully attack the scourge of corruption as correct.
“Whatever the consequence, whatever the pain and whatever the regrets may be, it is an extraordinary decision by the President,” he said.