Next Sunday, October 2, the Regional and Municipal Elections 2022 will be held, for which the National Registry of Identification and Civil Status (Reniec) urges citizens to process their Identity Document (DNI) via the web in case this is find defeated.
Likewise, the entity announced the hours of operation in its premises at the national level until the date of the elections so that the population can collect their DNI and have no problems when voting.
Dates to process the DNI
If you reside in Lima and Callao, you have until Wednesday, September 21 to process your DNI/eDNI via the web and be able to pick it up until October 2, election day.
In the case of provinces, the deadline is until Thursday, September 15, while in the case of Arequipa, you have the possibility of carrying out the procedure until Saturday, September 24.
Extend business hours
The electoral body reported that it will expand its attention on the three Saturdays prior to October 2, and on the same day of the 2022 Elections, in order to provide more schedule facilities, so that citizens collect their ID and can exercise their right to vote.
- Saturday, September 17 and 24, it will attend from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Saturday, October 1 from 8:45 a.m. to 4:45 p.m.
- Sunday, October 2, from 7:45 a.m. to 4:45 p.m.
It should be noted that the attention will be exclusive to deliver IDs to users who carried out procedures in person or virtually.
Process your ID via the web
To process your DNI virtually you can follow the following steps:
- Pay the corresponding fee on the web pages pay it.pe of the Banco de la Nación or on the platforms of Banco de Credito del Peru. In the case of renewal of the blue DNI, the payment is S/. 30 and you must register the code 002121, and if it is the electronic DNI you must pay S/41 with the code 00525.
- Download the DNI BIOFacial app to verify your identity and register your photo.
- Follow the steps and finish the process on the web www.reniec.gob.pe.
Check if your ID is 100%
- Sign in to https://serviciosportal.reniec.gob.pe/cetdnipi/inicio.htm
- Consult procedure by DNI
- Enter your ID number
- Click on check and you’re done.
Will it be possible to vote with an expired DNI on October 2?
Cledy Gutiérrez, specialist in Electoral Training of the ONPE (National Office of Electoral Processes), reported that Reniec is responsible for issuing a resolution so that citizens who have expired DNI can participate in the next electoral process. “We do not know if they will do it for this process, it is likely that it will happen,” the spokeswoman commented.
Until At the moment Reniec has not issued a statement on the matter.