Nelva Ismarays Ortega, José Daniel Ferrer, Cuba, preso político

During a two-minute visit, the family of José Daniel Ferrer sees him very deteriorated

MADRID, Spain.- After 38 days incommunicado, the Cuban authorities allowed the political prisoner José Daniel Ferrer to receive a visit from his family, which lasted just two minutes.

After arriving from the Mar Verde prison in Santiago de Cuba, where the leader of the Patriotic Union of Cuba (UNPACU) is being held, his wife, Nelva Ismarays Ortega Tamayo, reported that he was half-naked, covered in mosquito bites and fungal lesions between the legs.

In a transmission Ortega Tamayo explained live that during all this time they have kept him in a cell in inhuman, cruel and degrading conditions, isolated from the prison community.

“Not only do they have him isolated and in more than three months they have not taken him out in the sun, but they also carry out acts of repudiation,” said the activist.

Regarding his state of health, he reported that he continues to have severe headaches, cramps in his hands, loss of vision, skin lesions, and he has to demand his medication if they do not give it to him.

“Since day 5 he hasn’t been eating any food from the prison because he feels he is being poisoned,” he added.

Nelva Ismarays Ortega also said that Ferrer has kept demanding his rights, rights to medical and dental assistance, religious assistance, the right to respect family and conjugal visits and that they be monthly, as well as 20 minutes of phone calls on Fridays. .

“These requests are very few for a person who is innocent,” he said.

The opponent’s wife thanked the support of Prisoners Defenders, of the European Parliamentof the Embassy of the United States in Cuba, and of all those who have kept denouncing their situation, which made it possible for this small meeting to be granted.

“We will continue to demand that his rights and his immediate freedom, his and that of all political prisoners, be fulfilled,” concluded Ortega Tamayo.

José Daniel Ferrer was arrested on July 11, 2021 when he was about to join the popular demonstrations. He was transferred to a dungeon in the Versalles torture center, and in early August they sent him from there to the Mar Verde prison, where he has been in isolation ever since and without a trial date.

Receive information from CubaNet on your cell phone through WhatsApp. Send us a message with the word “CUBA” on the phone +1 (786) 316-2072, You can also subscribe to our electronic newsletter by giving click here.

Source link

Previous Story

The Circus ?| Function in the White Tent, substitutes in Edomex and Bonilla reloaded

Next Story

The impact that the possible tax on mobile phone plans would have

Latest from Cuba