Director del SNS niega personal de la maternidad de Los Mina esté involucrado en rapto de menor

Director of the SNS denies the personnel of the Los Mina maternity hospital being involved in the kidnapping of a minor

SANTO DOMINGO.- The director of the National Health Service (SNS), Mario Lama, stated that, so far, there is no evidence that health personnel from the San Lorenzo de Los Mina Maternal and Child Hospital are involved in the abduction of the minor who was recovered yesterday. by the National Police.

When questioned about the complaint that there is complicity on the part of the hospital staff, the doctor specified that it will be up to the investigative organizations to establish the responsibilities around the case.

The official specified that the unfortunate event registered in said health center is a lesson to continue strengthening security protocols.

Also read: She is already in the arms of her mother, the baby was kidnapped from the Los Mina maternity hospital

“This continues to teach us and obviously we must continue to improve security, not only of this type. You have seen how doctors, nurses and personnel who work in emergencies have been attacked in the performance of their duties, and we must gradually implement the improvement plans,” Lama said.

In this sense, he indicated that to achieve this, a lot of collaboration is needed, including that of the citizenry, since many times when going to the centers they do not want to comply with the access controls, which he also said is not complied with by health personnel.

The minor who was kidnapped by a woman at dawn last Saturday, was recovered yesterday by agents of the Central Directorate of Criminal Investigations (Dicrim), when she was in the possession of her kidnapper in a residence located in Nagua, María Trinidad province Sanchez.

The director of the SNS spoke after participating in a press conference in which the Cabinet for Children and Adolescents together with the Ministry of Public Health and the National Health Insurance (Senasa) presented a program of cochlear implants that will benefit children with hearing impairment.

The cochlear implant program for children with hearing disabilities seeks to reduce school dropout, as it will facilitate language development at an early age. This project, in its first stage, will respond, with the support of Senasa, to cases of hearing loss in boys and girls from low-income families that the First Lady has received during the last two years.

The announcement was made in the Las Cariátides room, in the National Palace and was headed by the first lady, Raquel Arbaje, in her capacity as president of the Cabinet; Vice President Raquel Peña; the Minister of Health, Dr. Daniel Rivera; the Minister of Labor, Luis Miguel De Camps; the director of the SNS, doctor Mario Lama; and the executive director of Senasa, Dr. Santiago Hazim.


Source link

Previous Story

Graffiti in the name of the National Party list treat Lula as a “thief”

Latest from Dominican Republic